Anvil stand

Sam Salvati

Scored this cast iron stand a few days ago. It is a stand off of an old stone wheel grinder, grinder was scrapped (old thing, poured babbitt bearings), but I managed to atleast save the stand. I set my anvil on top and it is pretty nice. It is a bit hight, so I might end up setting my KMG grinder on it instead, I will have to see.

l_fd4d2bf600574bd0bdb492cad704faa3.jpg

l_ce6edf6a2fdc457e9ffa971865c3acf0.jpg

The stand is about 100+ pounds of cast iron.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Thankfully my dad works in concrete so i had him poor a 26" piece of sonna tube full of concrete when they had some extra on a job floated in a pipe to pick it up by and now i a 900+ pound anvil base!

But seriously nice score!

~~DJ

Looks like how my anvil is set up. My dad got me my first anvil for Christmas, a nice wrought iron 150lb anvil welded to what I estimate to be about 300lb iron or steel cylindrical stand thing. It's neat and heavy as hell, I can barely pick it up.