kitchen knife

neil gagnon

Here is a kitchen knife I just finished. The blade is c1060 quenched in brine and is 10 inches long. The handle is purple heart with bloodwood laminated between. The customer had the wood laminated already.The handle is around 5.5 inches long with brass fittings. The display box is not finished yet. There is a deep hammer mark on spine from when i forged the blade, I thought it would come out in the polish,but it was to deep and the blade would be to thin. I offered to make another blade but the customer did not mind. He got a discount, hope you like..

101_2531.jpg

101_2536.jpg

101_2534.jpg

101_2535.jpg

101_2532.jpg

"One who is samurai must before all things" Keep constantly in mind, by day and by night. the fact that he has to die...

-Dai Doji Yuzon-

16th Century

http://sites.google.com/site/canadianliveblade/home

I love this style of knife. That blade is fantastic...

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

Thank you very much guys. I really enjoy making these knives. Should have a sword coming soon.

"One who is samurai must before all things" Keep constantly in mind, by day and by night. the fact that he has to die...

-Dai Doji Yuzon-

16th Century

http://sites.google.com/site/canadianliveblade/home