Sign in to follow this  
SeaRobin

Last Sea Robin Forge Anvil

I have 1 anvil left, made before I retired from anvil making.

It was ordered by a fellow, who due to economic problems, coulden't afford to pay for it.

It is a single billet anvil, like the one in the picture.

http://gulfcoastblacksmith.com/ Look in gallery under Chuck's work

Both the top and bottom faces are hardened.

This anvil costs $425 + shipping.

If you want a shipping quote send me your address.

You can contact me off foram at 601-798-0060 or robi5515@bellsouth.net

Regards,

Chuck

Edited by SeaRobin

bad picture link. It compressed the link when you copy/paste it and now it doesnt go anywhere

Edited by Kerrystagmer

Chuck

Wow someone is getting a lucky break as when I got mine from Chuck about 1 or 2 months ago when he got my payment he mentioned he was sold out.

I love my anvil by the way and feel lucky to own it, used it yesterday as a matter of fact.

Chris

Wow, I had thought I managed to get the last one. Someone better jump on this quick. These are wonderful anvils with an impressive rebound. You wont regret getting it. Also I consider it really cheap compared to whats out there. If your interest is bladesmithing you can't go wrong here. Oh, and Chuck and is great guy and very knowledgable.

Chuck, Do you have any idea how many single and double anvils you made over the years?

Chuck, Do you have any idea how many single and double anvils you made over the years?

Hey Bryan,

I first made 12 of the 24" anvils when I bought partial sticks of the 20' raw billet stock. It was a few years later that I was able to buy the 12" billets, and resume making the double billet and single billet anvils. I also sold some of the raw billet stock to folks at the BBS conferences.

I still have the first one I made, and Don Fogg is still using # 2.

I really don't know how many I have made, since I'm an old fart and sometimes have a hard time remembering my own name. But I do remember that I've shipped them to almost every state in the US and a few to Canada,

I never had any complaints about them, so I think that folks like them.

By the way the last un sold anvil, that started this thread is sold.

So yours is technically the last anvil. still at my shop.

Chuck

Chuck, can you tell me how you hardened your anvil faces? :huh:

Chuck, Thanks for the most interesting reply. I'm a sentimental guy into history so having my Anvil be the last out the door of your shop will always mean something to me. Just today I'm moving my shop in Thailand and found a fantastic new place, as soon as I get settled I will post up some pictures. I hope to get our business finished in the next few days and will send you a email with details.

Edited by Bryan Bondurant

Chuck, can you tell me how you hardened your anvil faces? :huh:

It depends on the steel used.

My anvils were made from1342 double melt Crucible steel, They were hardened is a gas forge designed to rapidly heat the ends of the anvil to critical temperature, and then quenched in Rob Gunther super quench.

Other alloys would require a different quenching medium.

Chuck