Sign in to follow this  
Aldo

New 1084 Smelt

To All,

It is at this time of year that I usually look to see if there is enough interest in ordering a load of 1084. It seems that 1/4 x 11/2 x 48 has been well received and this years load will be no different. I am looking to have some 1/4x1 made up but have not been able to find an American smelter who will roll it that small. It seem that they can't get enough rolled to realize a profit at the end of the day, so at the moment, 1/4 x 11/2 is the smallest size "Domestically Made 1084"

If you are interested in ANY AMOUNT what so ever please send me an E-Mail stating the amount you are looking for along with your full name, address and a phone # you can be reached at. I will return you a total amount + UPS costs. Please be sure to take only what you can handle financially. Because of the state of the economy I am able to hold the price at $4.00 per pound. If you order 200 lbs or more there will be a $.20 per pound discount. If you wish to get together with other smiths and have it sent to a central location the same rule applies.

Shipping will be UPS as always, but we've started using UPS PROOF shipping tubes.

1084 is an accumulative load. There is a smelt scheduled for the end of May. The Smelter needs a minimum amount of 50 tons before he'll turn on the furnaces(10% of which will be ours). If that amount is not met by the pour date they will bump it up approximately 5 weeks.

If the Smelt goes off in May shipping will probably start at the end of June. That date would, of course, be bumped up 5 weeks if the smelt is at the later date. If you plan on ordering please due so by the end of April. If you have any questions please send them along with your contact info.

Thank you,

Aldo Bruno

njsteelbaron@gmail.com

Any update on this?

I talked to Aldo yesterday. He's working on it. As always, he's got a number of things going that will ultimately benefit us all :)

-d

deker Posted Yesterday, 09:04 PM

I talked to Aldo yesterday.

I bet that was an expensive bill...Talking to Aldo all day yesterday :P But I can't wait to talk to him myself, just to see what kind of beneficial madness he's come up with for the bladesmithing crowd :D