Michael Pikula

Offering to forge down your W2 or other stock

Michael,

One of those last two boxes is mine. Please advise preferred payment. Thanks in advance. -Doug

Michael, just want to thank you again for all the forging. Everyone I've talked to has been very pleased with your work and turn around time.

I also have a bunch of 2.5" W2 cut and ready to ship. Too big? My 100 Little Giant can handle it :D

2.5" ??? Bring it on! I'm actually in progress toward making a rolling mill so I hope that in the next several month I can use that for my final bar size. I'm sure after a box or two the extra time and effort might make me bump the price up a bit, but considering the saved time and work for folks that are hand hammering this stock, it will be well worth it.

Thanks for the heads up Don. I already spoke with the customers but I thought I would throw it out here, I'm putting together a rolling mill to get my final thickness which I think will add more consistency to the reduced stock, and make it easier for folks that will be using the W2 for stock removal and not forging to shape. I should be able to have it up and rolling this weekend, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks!

A rolling mill will be cool, Michael.

Another box headed your today :)

Thanks,

Thanks for the heads up Don. I already spoke with the customers but I thought I would throw it out here, I'm putting together a rolling mill to get my final thickness which I think will add more consistency to the reduced stock, and make it easier for folks that will be using the W2 for stock removal and not forging to shape. I should be able to have it up and rolling this weekend, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks!

SHOW US PICTURES!!!

The rolling mill is all finished up. I rolled a piece of 01 that I had rough forged and it is looking pretty good so far, no crazy sabers so I'll be putting 4 boxes through the hammer and mill this weekend and will try to snap some pictures if all goes well.

Thanks Don!

Also wanted to do an update on price options since I have been counting time + gas and I need to adjust the price to keep offering this service.

Width is up to you as long as it falls between 1" and 3"

Lengths that are longer then 24" will be $50 extra

forged, 3/8" +-3/32" by 1"-3" by 24" the price will be $125 plus shipping

for thinner dimensions then 3/8" I will roll the bars to final width +- 1/32" by 1"-3" by 24" the price will be $150

I haven't had any problems with any of the steel that I have forged out to date, have only had good feedback, so I hope the price increase is manageable.

Once again, I send out a message once I get the steel from Don, another one a few days prior to forging, and then a final message with the invoice when it is all packed up and ready to ship. As soon as funds clear the steel goes out with UPS and I pass the tracking number to you.

Michael, thanks for offering this service. I've heard nothing but good reports about your work and have sent you 15 or so boxes.

Also I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the March issue of Tactical Knives. I don't subscribe but they send me one any time one of my pieces is featured. Congratulations, I had no idea you were producing that caliber of knives, good stuff, Man!!! And a Very good article. Good to put a face with the name also.

Best regards,

Thanks Don!

I have recently fallen a bit behind in my work so I am putting a hold on offering the stock reduction since I need to play catch up. Once I have some room to breathe or if I get some help I can offer the service again.

It hasn't been stressful, and actually pretty therapeutic, just very time consuming and physically intensive. Thanks to everyone who has given me work in the past months!

Michael

Michael, I really do understand. I'm almost about done selling the W2 anyway.

Thanks for taking care of all the guys who needed forging.

All the best!

Michael, I really do understand. I'm almost about done selling the W2 anyway.

Thanks for taking care of all the guys who needed forging.

All the best!

Hi Michael. I realize that this thread is 9 months old, but I'm courious about something. You mentioned your

rolling mill. Could you tell us a little about it, and a photo would really be appreciated! I assume it's a

McDonald mill??

I would have sent you some of my 8 boxes of Don's W2, but since I have a Little Giant 250 sitting in the shop,

I just didn't need to :o) Anyway, you did a great run of business there for a while, but I bet you were happy when

Don finally sold out!

Robert

Hey guys,

I thought that I would offer to forge down stock for those who don't have access to a power hammer or a press. I know Don is selling W2 in 2 1/8" round which can be a large task to tackle by hand and my hammer can get it done fairly quick and consistent. If you are interested please shoot me a PM and we can talk about price which will depend on quantity. Also I can forge other alloys that you may have and would like forged into flat stock.

Please keep in mind that shipping will be more expensive since it will be shipped in a longer tube, or it can be cut down as requested. I also have a set of fullering dies that I have been able to use on my 1.25 inch L6 to get about 2 inch by 1/4 stock without a problem. I will double normalize after forging and prior to shipping and can have it back in the mail to you a day after I get the stock.

Thanks!

Sir, Are you still doing this service? I still have a couple of boxes of Don's W2 I'd like to get broken down.