Jump to content

Terminology question

Recommended Posts

What is the proper term for this area? I’ve heard it called the ricasso, but isn’t that really what is below this point? I’ve also heard plunge cut. Also, is it called different things if it’s abrupt (like in the picture), vs. if it’s sloping or rounded?


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the plunge. The ricasso is the flat area between there and the handle. I don't think there are other terms for gradual and rounded plunge cuts versus abrupt ones, but I could well be wrong. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...