Cable Damascus, Mokume and Rope Clip Point

Some preliminary pictures of an ordered knife.

4 1/2" blade lenght in cable damascus (1085), mokume guard with lanyard hole and epoxyed rope for the handle. Mokume lanyard bead.

ropecableknife1.jpg

ropecableknife2.jpg

ropecableknife4.jpg

My website:

http://www.aescustomknives.com/

http://yourwebapps.com/WebApps/mail-list-s....cgi?list=79955

Thanks for looking!

Ariel

Well I'll be damned!!! :blink: That is one of the wildest knives I've ever seen! That is so extremely creative what you've done with that rope, did you do it by your vacuum method like the way you stabilze wood? Well anyway, it just looks freakin awesome with that robust cable pattern in the blade, and the mokume guard just really sets the whole thing off! Unbelievable!

Man, I have admired your work for a while. That is one bad looking boy. cool as hell !

Man, I have admired your work for a while. That is one bad looking boy. cool as hell !

That's a great way of doing a handle, goes great with the cable. I never would of thought of something like that, brilliant. Jim

Epoxied rope? that is indeed a sweet idea, how did you do it? just spread some epoxy on the rope or was there a differnt method?

I see, that is indeed a interesting idea, i shall have to try it

Hey I was wondering, you always seem to do the same three patterns? You've obviously got a suberb amount of skill and know what your doing, but you only (or at least have on your website) seem to do the cable, san mai, and chain stuff? Why did you pick those specificly? I only ask because its weird to me that someone of your caliber and technical knowledge would limit themselves.

The short answer is that I really like cable and the San Mai technique allows a pretty but abusable knife.

That said, I've stopped the orders taking for a while so I can get to make A LOT of new stuff I have in my mind :)

2010 is going to be a really interesting year :D

Ariel