Martin Lock back Art Knife

I've been working on this one a while, customer supplied the materials which were purchased at last year's Blade show. Gary House blade steel and Larry Donnelly side plates. The sides are integral machined to accept the 2 color pearl scales, file worked damascus filler and lock bar. 14k gold thumbstud with tangerine garnet, 14k gold settings and saphires on the rest of the stones, and this knife is a lock back, bolster release dual action auto :wacko::wacko:

Lots of work and hair pullin(which I don't have), hope the owner is as happy as I am.

Peter

Johns_Yellow_and_Black_Auto_forum.jpg

WOW Peter! That is pretty frickin wild. You always do awesome work. Will you have it at the blade show?

Pat Burns

Hi Pat, this will be delivered at the Blade show. The owner is a good friend and great customer so I have sent this picture to tease him and he's very excited to take possesion of it in Atlanta, thanks.

Peter

Peter.

Just in time....good luck at the show.... I'm confused about the action..... auto /thumb stud ..... is it manual open with the thumb stud and released by squeezing the bolsters?

thanks for the peek ,

Dick

Hi Dick, you can open it manually just like any folder, but it'll rock and roll when the bolster is rotated upward towards the spine :ph34r:

Peter

*Closes mouth* That really is one heck of a piece of art, not to mention skill and time. Great Job! How many different kinds of material or pieces are there in that knife?

Hi John, I counted everything and came up with 22 parts, 9 gems and 6 screws holding things in place........ :wacko:

I need a life

Peter