first knife for share

hi I m following this forum nearly one year.

this is my first knife that I courage to share

blade steel is D2

handle sapelli and movingui (the yellow one )

I finished it for my friend. for kitchen usage.

I ll be pleased for all kinds of comments.

thanks

Durukan

b__305_caklar_c.JPG

mutfak_2_a.JPG

mutfak_9.jpg

yes charred,

My Friend gave me a big plane of steel from a cotton gin factory. I worked with D2 before. so from ıts mechanical properties and spark test ı guess the steel could be D2. I drowed the outher line and grind the blade. than punch the points for pins. drill them. fit some cable copper for the pins. put the blade and the handle materials together and glue them together. wait for some time. and did the latest things for the edge. so it was in the palm at the end. the others were forged from different materials.....

At the end ıt does not as aesthetic as other blades but it is mine ::)

nicely done !

it's a "true" kitchen knife :)

Hi Dude,

D2 is an air hardening steel. I did not harden it because ıt is original hardness seemed ok for me.

I knew it was an air-hardening steel, but I'm just trying to get a feel for how everyone hardens their D2. I'm thinking of ordering a batch and wanted to see what the hardening process was like.

I knew it was an air-hardening steel, but I'm just trying to get a feel for how everyone hardens their D2. I'm thinking of ordering a batch and wanted to see what the hardening process was like.

understand dude,

ok I didn t forge this blade. so ı didn t harden it. the only ı care was I paid attention not to heat a lot while grinding.

understand dude,

ok I didn t forge this blade. so ı didn t harden it. the only ı care was I paid attention not to heat a lot while grinding.

Gotcha. :D