1084 knife

cwilliams

Well I have been so busy building tools for the workshop that when a friend asked me to build this for a military benefit to be auctioned I said sure thing.

Its some of aldo's 1084 that is 1/4 inch thick, 12 inches long total with a 7 inch blade. I clayed up with some Satanite and quenched in some Parks 50, this is the first time I have had a chance to use it this oil

and am very pleased with the hamon.

Chris

1084.jpg

10842.jpg

Chris Williams

Now that is a sweet knife. I love a good paracord wrap any day.

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

Sleek looking blade, the person who gets it is going to be one lucky guy

Gnáthamh na hoibre an t-eólas

(Knowledge comes through practice)

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through the forging fire, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion. - Morihei Ueshiba

my site: http://lfcforgeworks.webs.com/

i like the wrap.....can you explain how to do that ????

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart,and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart...

Thanks for all the compliments guys, wish I had found the time to have made a leather sheath but the time was just not there.

BL

The wrap is something I have done for the first time and I just went off of photos I have seen on the internet. I started with 550 cord I would say about 15 maybe 20 feet. I halved it and started the wrap at the forward most part of the handle. I placed the knife in a vise with a taped up blade vertically so that the spine of the knife is up and down. I lay the 550 cord on the spine and using both halves of the 550 cord I start to bring the 550 to one side cross each other then over to the other side and do it again. Keep it tight and go all the way to the bottom of the handle. I then had predrilled two holes and placed the 550 cord through the holes and cut the cord 1/4 after it exited the hole. Next I heated the cord and rolled a knurled punch to flatten the cord so it would not come back through the hole. Lastly I brushed crazy glue on the cord so it would not loosen or unravel at a later date. The photos show the knife pre crazy glued, the glue darkened up the cord quite a bit but it was a good look actually.

I am hoping it will make a very durable handle.

Chris

Chris Williams

Great looking knife Chris, I love the shape of the blade and the hamon!

Serge,

I've seen your knives; this one's gotta be right up your alley. Like your stuff, it's very "knifey".