Curly handle

SAD

This is one I made out of rebar. It's nice and stiff and has held a decent edge(drew me own blood on this one). I was playing around with a sort of skeletonized handle that was a little fancier. Took about an hour to forge, lots of fun. Need to move that dang vise closer to the fire though.....

curlyhandle1.JPG

curlyhandle2.JPG

curlyhandle3.JPG

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

a better man than me first said that, but I say it today.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I had a good time making it. It's one I do at re-enactments so folks can see a project from start to finish. Plus it encompasses a good number of basic techniques, good for demos.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

a better man than me first said that, but I say it today.