Snake Skin Boot Knife

thedemoguy

This is a 5160/cable damascus boot knife I made today, I think the snake skin pattern came out really cool.

I think I'll put bronze and curly maple on it for a handle with maybe copper pins ?

What do you think ?

11 1/2 in over all 6 1/2 blade, 1 in wide and about 1/4 thick.

snake.jpg

snake2.jpg

snake3.jpg

snake4.jpg

Edited by thedemoguy

You're the same dumb pilgrim who I've been hearing for twenty days, and smellin' for three!

Sounds like a good combo for the handle. This looks like the only snake I would want on the inside of my boot. :rolleyes: Wade

Wade

Jos et löydä rauhaa itsestämme on turhaa etsiä sitä muualta.

If you can not find peace within yourself, it is useless to look elsewhere.

Visit my website http://www.wadesknives.com

Thanks Wade for the kind words, I would like it if I could get the opinions of Ariel S, Don F and some of the other master bladesmith's on this forum.

Of course I like the kind words of accomplished bladesmith's such as yourself but I've been working very hard to better myself as a bladesmith and would like to know what you guys really think of my progress.

I started this as a winter hobby 7 or 8 months ago and it has transformed into a obsession...lol

I just can't stay away from Ariel's website, that guy makes some of the coolest blades I've seen and I try to blatantly copy his work, not very well I know but I try...LOL

You're the same dumb pilgrim who I've been hearing for twenty days, and smellin' for three!

Finally made a handle for this boot knife, I went with mahogany and bronze.

What do you think.

One more thing there's 3 bronze pins in the bolsters and they all blended well except one you can see the edge just a little.

mahogany.jpg

mah2.jpg

mah3.jpg

mah4.jpg

mah5.jpg

mah6.jpg

Edited by thedemoguy