Grey Maple Damascus Hunter

Beau Erwin

Grey Maple Damascus Hunter

Blade : 1080/15N20 ~128 Layers - Random Pattern - 6 1/8"

Guard : 416 Stainless

Handle : Maple Stabilized and Grey Dyed by Woodlab - 5 3/4"

Overall : 11 7/8"

Well here is the last one I've finished up. Nice that it's starting to cool off more during the day, perhaps I'll make it out to the shop more. Anyway, this one was finished up right before the Oklahoma Custom Knife show so I'd have something new on the table. Had a few pieces of maple dyed by woodlab to try out and play with and I used one of the grey ones on this one. Was quite pleased with the end product.

greymapledamas01-11.JPG

greymapledamas01-14.JPG

For additional pictures, hop over to my website, I've got a bunch of it there and figured linking would be easier than posting.

http://www.erwinknives.com/galleryhtmls/huntutil/greymapledamas01.html

Beau Erwin

www.ErwinKnives.com

Custom knives

Bcarta Composites

Stabilized Woods

I'd etched one of the others a bit more heavily, and only etched this one twice, kinda liked the look so left it.

Alan, I have improved lots since I started. Just try to keep getting better.

Even thinking back on some of the earlier ones, yeah there's a definite improvement.

Thanks for the comments.

Beau Erwin

www.ErwinKnives.com

Custom knives

Bcarta Composites

Stabilized Woods

Nice lines. Very clean.

Good looking blade too.

Well done!

--Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

Beautiful lines on that one Beau, very pretty steel too.