Executive Hunter

Rossi Knives

Hi Everybody,

Just finished up this for the hunting season. Took these pic's as I was running out the door to work, so they are a little dusty.

I wanted to do a very clean, classy knife for general purpose hunting in the North East. The steel is 0-1 and the handle is maroon micarta. The rivets are brass and the tube is Nickel Silver. I sort of consider these my "Bob Dozer" style of knife. Made sort of quickly, stock removal and slab handles. Something that you wouldn't mind beating up and getting rusty. I try to make knives that are set up for aquiring a plesant patina with use. I love seeing one of my pieces that is a nice shade of blue/black and a handle that is shiny from use and carry. I intentionally left the filework and the integral gaurd heat treat colored to prevent corrosion and to offset the polished stuff.

On a side note, I really enjoy the level of work on this forum. It is always fresh and exciting!

Keep heatin' and beatin'.

-Nick

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

Let us have a dagger between our teeth, a bomb in our hands, and an infinite scorn in our hearts.

B. Mussolini

Nicely done! Very crisp plunge cuts.

How about a straight on shot of the knife so we can see the overall lines better? It's hard to see them at this angle.

Thanks for posting.

--Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

Thanks Dave,

Over a decade of grinding knives and that ricasso area gives me headaches every time.

Thanks for the pic suggestion. Here you go,

IMG_0390.JPG

Let us have a dagger between our teeth, a bomb in our hands, and an infinite scorn in our hearts.

B. Mussolini

• 2 weeks later...

Nick that's gonna look great especially after it's been seasoned, for a few seasons, yuk. Is this one under glass at Freeport Knife?

The few surviving Samurai survey the battlefield.

Count the arms and legs and heads and then divide by five.

TMBG