Hamon on W2?

Isaiah Lake

Isaiah

OOOOOO doggy my favorite steel to work with, look up some of my old post on blades that I have done. That will answer your question. And check out Don hanson III. That is all I am going to say on this as I will let the finishedproducts speak for themselves.

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

Isaiah

I would suggest Rutlands, you can get it at any Ace Hardware store, and I can not remember the whole name but it is the metal to metal stovo refactory mix, when you open the lid it looks like black tar. This stuff is rated to 2000 degrees F and it sticks to metal like nothing I have ever seen. And you can make it do anything you want as far as a hamon goes. Just let it dry all the way. I traded in my satanite for this stuff.

Toxonix did a thread on clay mixtures and the Rutlands is mentioned in there as well.

Try it

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

• 1 month later...

Rome isn't that far from me, I'm in Acworth, you should come around sometime

President - Georgia Knifemakers Guild

ABS Journeyman Smith

"Wisdom and experience are built of bricks made from the mud of failure." - Mike Blue