Not a knife

John Rigoni

I had a fellow coworker that really wanted a feudal japan styled hand claw for his martial arts training. I got about halfway through the project and he went to jail. So it sat in a box until I decided to finish the silly thing. The claws I forged out of 5160. The framework and rivets are mild steel. I used a sen tool to clean up the profile of each. The grip is wood and leather and the strap has my first attempt at a brass buckle. The thing weighs a good deal and I'm sure could do some damage. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I tried to find decent photos of a period hand claw, and decided to make something a little more heavy duty.

shuko1.jpg

shuko2.jpg

shuko3.jpg

You can't hear me hooting and clapping with appreciation, but I am! WOW!

Reminds me of "Shogun Assassin." Really well done.

I love that detail. Maybe it's best that he didn't end up taking possession of this little item. :) Neat piece, though.

I was about to post the same thing :blink:. Cool work.:)

Edited by Isaiah Lake

The extraordinary has never been achieved without the sacrifice of security. Take your chances thin, and take them often.

Thanks guys, yep, I can only imagine. I get a call from the cops and all my hard work just got turned into evidence in a felony charge.

That is a little scary on the Felony phone call. If it was just a knife I wouldn't be to worried about selling it even to idiots but a trial lawyer could have a field day with something like that if some degenerate used it in a crime.

Overall its pretty cool and I dont remember ever seeing anyone make one around here so that's X 2 on the cool factor.

Neat idea. Good turn out. :blink: Went to jail?...Not so cool. Glad you didn't give it to him.

My life is like shaving with a razor sharp machete. It's a bit awkward and I feel a sting every now and then, but in the end I'm happy with the results.