Beards for Ashokan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SmithPunk! Somehow that idea already existed in my head, but I'd yet to give it a name:

http://1501bc.com/files/smithpunk.jpg

Now as background I naturally need a bright sparking forge and I'm complete B)

i LOVE the addition of the ear protection/giant headphones. epic. XD

aah, phooey. doubblepost. e.e

Edited by C Daniel

8oz hammers? Pfft I already made myself metal drumsticks! :P

Hmmn ,

let me think a Head and eye protection combo........

+ I need to cross the Atlantic to get there first .........

I think I'll need a long air hose ..........

Um, Owen? We have air over here too... :huh: Okay, it's not got that brisk tang of the southeast London suburbs, but you can breathe it and survive. :lol: We can't make proper fish & chips, if you ask for mushy peas you may be institutionalized, and our beer is way too thin and cold, but we're not THAT bad! :lol:

You know, I thought the major effort would be to put together a demo or talk that might be interesting for at least some of the attendees.

How foolish of me!

No, you just have to be able to drink good liqour, make good jokes, and bring shiny things :D

No, you just have to be able to drink good liqour, make good jokes, and bring shiny things :D

You know, bring me good liquor and inspiring things to look at and I´ll soon be singing sad swedish drinking songs. That´ll be a joke!

:P

so... question. have to be NE bladesmithing school or blacksmithing society member to go?

so... question. have to be NE bladesmithing school or blacksmithing society member to go?

Neither, just pay your fee for the weekend and be there 3PM on Friday. Ashokan and most of it's programs are open to everyone.

Edited by Sam Salvati

Neither, just pay your fee for the weekend and be there 3PM on Friday. Ashokan and most of it's programs are open to everyone.

linkpls. need.

A little puffer fish has told me I may need more than swimming goggles to walk the Atlantic........................................

Maybe I do need an air hose or at least head wear.......

4181696515_e826c09d49.jpg

Mmmm Not really needing a hose, more of needing a giant snorkel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - I wanna play! When is Ashokan next year. I need to make sure I am not teaching then so I can finally meet you guys in person. I won't drop a hammer on anyone's foot or anything. I do like Scotch, though. I will fit in as long as there is no "ability" requirement.

I ain't got nothin' worth showin', but I still wanna play!

Kevin

I will fit in as long as there is no "ability" requirement.

after that last piece i think you'd fulfill the requirement.

Maybe perhaps venture a trip to the metropolitan museum? They have a fair bit of swords of many styles and armor and artifacts on display. Was just there for the Samurai sword exhibit:

http://www.ny-tokenkai.org/MMAweb.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2009/10/22/arts/20091023-SAMU_index.html?ref=design

I managed to take a couple of pictures before they told me to put my camera away....If you get the Chance the Met is a must see...One of the best art musuems in the world..expect to spend hours there...Remember We live in a post 9/11 world..your bags will be searched but the Met does not have metal detectors like say the Muesuem Of Natural History which will confiscate your pocketknife...

machinary 090.jpg

machinary 091.jpg

machinary 092.jpg

Edited by Arthur
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm "follically-challenged" facial-wise, so maybe I can assimilate into the SmithPunk theme by arriving on my new motorcycle:

ut 2.jpg

(Naw, that's not me - I don't look that good in tails..... besides, I'd have no place for luggage & whatnot.....)

randy - who's trying to keep the rabid interest in the event at a fever pitch!

Ok, I am a new comer to the Bearded World, i mean i have facial hair but it hurts to grow the beard!

Now what is exactly is "Ashokan"?

(don't poke me with sharp objects for asking)

And this thread is hilarious! Love it! XD