Sign in to follow this  
Rossi Knives

Pink Ivory and Damascus Hunter

Howdy fellow heat n' beaters,

Just finished this one up. The blade is my own Jellyroll Damascus. 15N20, 1075 and 1030. Gaurd is copper and the handle is pink ivory with a nickel silver pin. I like how the file worked ricasso came out with the low layer blade. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Nick

Small Pink Ivory.JPG

small pink ivory 2.JPG

small pink ivory 3.JPG

Really nice. I've only used pink ivory once my recollection is that it was much lighter than that. Was this piece naturally that dark or is that just the way it photographed? Anyway...whatever the case, it's really striking wood.

Cool! Love the ricasso, that's a nifty effect. B)

Really nice. I've only used pink ivory once my recollection is that it was much lighter than that. Was this piece naturally that dark or is that just the way it photographed? Anyway...whatever the case, it's really striking wood.

Thanks!

The piece was naturaly this dark. I pawed through nearly every piece they had a Rockler Woodworking and this was the darkest I could find. This is easily my favorite wood.

Glad you all like the ricasso. I will definately be incorporating this technique into other knives.

Nick

Edited by Rossi Knives

Very interesting piece for sure, lots to look at!

I wouldn't say too much, just a real attention-grabbing piece, it'd be good to have on a show table soon, everyone would want to pick it up and get a better look!

Pink ivory often looks like bubble gum, but after exposure to the sun it darkens significantly in my experience, like osage does.

I've a Dale Dye recurve with a pink ivory riser that was an awful pink when I first opened the box, but within a month had begun to move toward a soft orange brown- really beautiful.