Amerruss Blade Arts Sword Project continued

jdsmith02115

We lost some content as you all know, so I'm re-posting it with new updates on the project.

The project is moving forward nicely.

Details have been set to the pommel and its completely done.Sterling silver with gold inlays and natural rubies.

The sterling silver guard is still in progress. There'll be much more detailed work over the next couple of months, to include rows of gems in the bands, gold inlays and engraved details.

The blade is 20" in length, six bar construction. 15N20 and 1084 steels.

There's at least 2 months of work left to this one; can't rush it.

DSC00739_1.jpg

DSC00743_1.jpg

chimera knife 011.jpg

chimera knife 010.jpg

chimera knife 012.jpg

P6290005.JPG

P6290006.JPG

P6290008.JPG

P6290010.JPG

P6290007.JPG

P6290009.JPG

Wow! What a beautiful blade. Boy, you sure put in some hours on that one...

Check out Walter's instructional videos:

Forging Japanese Style Blades

Making Hamons

Japanese Sword Mounting

Polishing

Making Japanese Sword Fittings

www.waltersorrellsblades.com

awwww man, I quit!

Seriously, that is unfolding in to be a very significant work of art (and I am sure it is coming out like you planned it).

Wonderful stuff, please keep sharing.

Kevin

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

awwww man, I quit!

Seriously, that is unfolding in to be a very significant work of art (and I am sure it is coming out like you planned it).

Wonderful stuff, please keep sharing.

Kevin

Kevin,

That's basically the plan, to produce significant works of art, one after another. Let's hope we run out of ideas before we run out of days.

Edited by jdsmith02115

JD, GREAT to see this especially after seeing it in NYC! It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope your hand is healed!

Edited by Sam Salvati

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots