• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow smith

Hand carved knife handle

6 posts in this topic

This is the sort of step by step way i hand carved a knife handle using only 2 small knives i made a day ago,im still ganna put wooden handles on the 2 small knives.The wood is Southern Rata(A native New Zealand tree,an a fricken huge one too :lol: )the main purpose of this project was to see if i can do it only using knives and to gain some self taught carving skill(Which i need if im ganna be a knife maker :D ).Sorry about the pics that are abit blury

I forgot to add these two pics,this little critter came flying into the house while i was carving my handle.poor feela was scared half to death.

100_2715.JPG

100_2716.JPG

sorry i stuffed up while editing the topic and ended up making two damit i hate it when it does that.

The detail in your carving is amazing, it looks just like a real bird... :D

This isnt the right topic you must check the other one,haha that was actualy funni.i stuffed up with the editing and i ended up making two topics,i dont know how but its very annoying

If someone knows how to close this topic please help