1084 Powder

I apologize if this info has already been posted, but does anyone have a source for powdered 1084 steel?

Thanks,

Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

I believe Kelly Cupples still sells it. It has beeen a while but I have an old receipt from him with 1084 powder listed. You can PM me for contact information if you want to order some from Kelly.

Dan

Kelly Cupples had it as of a couple of months ago when I ordered some 1095 poweder from him. Great guy to deal with.

Have you ever thought about the life of steel? It's interesting to think that you can control the fate of a piece of metal.

Swain Spring Edited by B Finnigan

Everything I need to know I learned from the people trapped in my basement.

I'm out of my mind but feel free to leave a message.

Thanks guys!

Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

http://refractory.elliscustomknifeworks.com/

Dave this is the site to get to Kelly thru Ellis knives..Click on "knife steel"for a direct link to Kelly And as everyone has said,,Nice guy EZ to deal with....Good luck.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." — Mark Twain