Wootz class October 1-5, 2010

Hello All,

I will be teaching a class on wootz, similar to the class run in London at Owen Bush's forge last March.

Classes will be at New England School of Metalwork in Auburn, Maine. For more information contact New England School of Metalwork or call 1-888-753-7502 or email inquiries to Dereck Glaser.

New England School of Metalwork

dglaser(at)newenglandschoolofmetalwork(dot)com

This class will be from charging the crucible, making a small ingot, forging that ingot into a bar and.... if there is time... making a blade from the steel you made your-self.

Class will be heavy hands-on with some constant chatter from me on why your doing it that way and what to expect.

History,chemistry and modern concepts regarding wootz and crucible steel will be discussed.

Class space is limited so book early and book often.

Ric

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I will be teaching a class on wootz, similar to the class run in London at Owen Bush's forge last March.

Classes will be at New England School of Metalwork in Auburn, Maine. For more information contact New England School of Metalwork or call 1-888-753-7502 or email inquiries to Dereck Glaser.

New England School of Metalwork

dglaser(at)newenglandschoolofmetalwork(dot)com

This class will be from charging the crucible, making a small ingot, forging that ingot into a bar and.... if there is time... making a blade from the steel you made your-self.

Class will be heavy hands-on with some constant chatter from me on why your doing it that way and what to expect.

History,chemistry and modern concepts regarding wootz and crucible steel will be discussed.

Class space is limited so book early and book often.

Ric

I could not recommend Ric more highly .

The class he taught here was a wonderful stepping stone into the world of making of wootz .All the students managed to produce usable well patterned wootz during the class .

Ric has an incredible wealth of knowledge on this subject (and most others related to our craft).

This is a great opportunity I am glad to see it happening .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello All,

I just heard from the school that the class is full.

You may wish to see about a wait list if there is a canceled slot at some point.

Ric