new fighter

Jziegenbein

its been a while since i've posted anything, i lost my camera but now i have someone taking pictures for me.

This one is forged from a Nicholson file a month or two ago.

the Handle is part of a block of mystery burl i got from the Blade show last year. the pattern and iridescence of it surprised me.

the guard and pommel are wrought iron from some anchor chain i bought on here last year.

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. I tried to tease a hamon out of it, but it just wouldnt come. I could see it in the oxides after the etch in dilute, but whenever i wiped the blade with steel wool it would disappear! :angry:

IMG_8010.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

Dude!¬ your works coming on amazingly!!! :D ^^^^^

thats a nice knife! Im just starting the hunt for the hamon myself, so far it seems to lie with elbow grease, no cheating !

Great to see more from you again Jared, nice work.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Very nice shape to that one, Jared.

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

thanks guys! i should be able to post some more of my work now, (if i ever get around to finishing my projects...) now that i have access to someone who can take pictures that dont look like everythings growing fur :lol:

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill