52100 utility

Jziegenbein

Made this one about 3 months ago.

the blade is made from a bearing race which i think is 52100, it was a bear to forge and hardened well so i think i'm right about that.

the scales are Osage orange which i stained with FeCl and neutralized with windex and then waxed.

the blade is around 3" long and the handle is about the same. its a nice comfortable 3 finger utility.

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7983.jpg

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7997.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

Edited by Jziegenbein

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

Jared - nice one. good to see your work. I also like the sheath. I have been avoiding full-tang and pins, for no particular reason. You did a nice job here. It looks like it would be really sturdy, and it should really resist wear and hold an edge.

Isn't it Fowler who writes so much about 52100?

thanks for sharing,

Kevin

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

thanks!

and i think Ed Fowler uses 52100 for all his knives now, yeah

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill