skinner

DavidM

Another knife I made to auction off for the policeman's family. This one is 1085v, differential HT, etched really hot. I left the oxides on the blade from the etch to retard rust. This stuff can be a real pain to Ht like this, as it wants to harden really easy. I didn't really have alot of time for finishing, so a simpe paracord wrap is all it got. I like it alot. Feels "mean".

dscn1711.jpg

Alan, Cylvre, squirels vary quite a bit in size from different areas in the country. The squirels that we had in the Tidewater area of Virginia where I lived for 34 years were so small they seemed like they wouldn't be worth shooting for no more meat that was on them. Back here in Illinois squirels the size of that pelt are what there is. Another enteresting thing, a town not too far from where I now live have a race of white squirels.

Doug Lester

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

That is possibly my favorite piece he has done thus far.

On a side note, that is actually about a medium sized aquirel for around here, there was one out in the creek that was much bigger then that one, but I was out walking without my .22 so he got to live on for another day.

Our squirrels are about 3/4 that size, except for the rare fox squirrel of the deep woods which is alittle BIGGER than that one!

Doug, when I lived in KY I noticed that most of the tree-rat population at WKU are white for some reason. Not albino, just white. :huh:

Krystina, I thought that bullet hole looked to be a .30 caliber, and that maybe you used a .30-30 on him... ;)

Krystina, I thought that bullet hole looked to be a .30 caliber, and that maybe you used a .30-30 on him... wink.gif

I think that one was some sort of HV round we had a couple of. Did a real number on him. The hole you see there was entry, exit was his rear-end.

I've done a good job keeping her from hunting them with the .45.

Krystina, I thought that bullet hole looked to be a .30 caliber, and that maybe you used a .30-30 on him... ;)

Ha, I wish I had a 30-30, although I might be better off without one, Dave would prolly never get me outta the creek area and there would not be any squirrels around here.

I think that one was some sort of HV round we had a couple of. Did a real number on him. The hole you see there was entry, exit was his rear-end.

I've done a good job keeping her from hunting them with the .45.

Just once? PLEASE!? I promise I won't miss it!!! :P