large power hammer and screw press WTB

Hello All,

I am searching for a working 5B Nazel (500-700 weight self contained air hammer) and a working 200 ton screw (friction/percussion) press.

Anyone have any leads?

Ric

Hello All,

I am searching for a working 5B Nazel (500-700 weight self contained air hammer) and a working 200 ton screw (friction/percussion) press.

Anyone have any leads?

Ric

Rick,

What are you going to do with all that power? You live in a well tooled industrial state...why not gain some access to that power already set up?

Jan

Edited by Jan Ysselstein

Hi Ric,

A bit out of date but Mike Linn in Seattle had a Nazel 5B up for sale in 2006/7. He is now retired and sold his shop to David Mills http://www.theblacksmithshop.com

You could give David an email to see what happned to it.

Happy hunting!

(by the power of google)

Thank you Luke...I sent him a message.

I hope you two are well....did you get a larger hammer yourself?

Ric

Rick,

What are you going to do with all that power? You live in a well tooled industrial state...why not gain some access to that power already set up?

Jan

Hi Jan,

I will do bigger forgings, closed die work and exotic alloys which require more force...more than my 3B can effectively do.

I am building a larger hydraulic press as well as my 48 ton is lacking for raw power.

I prefer to have all I can in house and not work at other's shops...I am not sure who has a 5B (700 weight) in Wisconsin, but they are not near me.

Most of the time I can work around the power issue with creative tooling, but for some work there is no compensation.

Also, if you work out the rate of large tool rental (using others shops or paying a shop to do the work) long term an argument can be made for having it in house....tax deductions,renting time out on it (what you suggest, but in reverse) etc.

I'm 40 this year and not planning on stopping any time soon.

Ric

Thank you Luke...I sent him a message.

I hope you two are well....did you get a larger hammer yourself?

Ric

We are both well thank you.

Alas, I don't have a bigger hammer.....yet. Though John from Massey has kindly offered to ply me with drink till I do! :blink:

We are both well thank you.

Alas, I don't have a bigger hammer.....yet. Though John from Massey has kindly offered to ply me with drink till I do! :blink:

John offered me a good deal on a hammer recently as well...tempting.

Just heard back from David Mills..the hammer sold a few months ago, but it was a 3B or 4B not a 5 so a bit too small anyway.

Still looking

Ric

Ric,

I'm certain you've seen it by now, but in the interest of completeness I'll post this one anyways.

-d

That has been listed for years now. Note that it is the 700+ lbs one not a 500. Same guys has a Niles 250 steam listed on his actual site.

That has been listed for years now. Note that it is the 700+ lbs one not a 500. Same guys has a Niles 250 steam listed on his actual site.

That hammer is sold and has been for many years...I do not think that website has been updated for quite a long time.

Ric

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Anyone have any leads?

Ric

there is a 750lb chambersburg hammer for sale in vernonia, oregon.

• 4 weeks later...

Ric, there is a 500lb Chambersberg on ebay right now if your interested. It's not a Nazel, but it's nice anywho.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-hammer-blacksmith-air-hammer-Chambersburg-500-Lb_W0QQitemZ120554419610QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c119a759a

Don't know the place, but they seem to deal only heavy machinery.

I'd already messaged him about that, =] he said he'd seen it a while back, but may have a few Nazel's lined up.

Looks like a nice machine tho, be cool to see something like that running.

Cool, just trying to help him out. Some day I'd like to line up a 1b, but they seem pretty rare.

There is a 1B in Minn near you..contact Mike Blue about it as he knows the owner and I forget his name.

Ric