San Mai Cable Tanto

Chris Moss

Hey Everybody!

I have been out of the loop and haven't finished anything in a long time. Thankfully the Fire and Brimstone Hammer-in gave me a real motivation to finish some things up. Here is one of them.

A little San Mai Tanto.

OAL: 11.25" (with sheath) 10.5" (knife only)

Blade Length: 6"

Blade: Cable/1075 san mai blade

Fittings: Wrought iron, copper, stabilized manzinita burl, and tiger maple, secured by a brass pin

The knife will fully disassemble when the brass pin is removed. The tiger maple was treated with resin to seal it, then the whole knife was treated with Tung oil for a semi-gloss finish.

Please let me know what you think. If I can find some-one to split a table with at Blade show (in June) then i will have it with me, otherwise it will be going up for sale soon. This is my favorite tanto mounting so far. i am very happy with it.

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3690.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

please let me know what you think!

~Chris

-Knifemaker-

MossKnives.jpg

http://knifemaker87.googlepages.com/home

Hamons are a painting; blades are a canvas, clay is my paint, fire is my brush. the problem is.. i am still painting like Pablo Picasso.

Beautiful work Chris, really like the saya and handle choice.

"One who is samurai must before all things" Keep constantly in mind, by day and by night. the fact that he has to die...

-Dai Doji Yuzon-

16th Century

http://sites.google.com/site/canadianliveblade/home

Looking at your work almost makes me want to give up. You deffinantly have tallent that most of us don't. Keep up the good work.

Doug Lester

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

Looking at your work almost makes me want to give up. You deffinantly have tallent that most of us don't. Keep up the good work.

Doug Lester

thanks doug,

though i am usually the one put to shame. any time i start feeling good about what i do, i go and look at stuff from Don Hanson III, Jesus Hernandez, Burt Foster, Walter Sorrells, Rick Barrett, Anders Hosgstrom or or any of the dozens of knifemakers i am absolutly blown away by, many of whome post on here. Everyone on this forum is so encouraging, and yet, they are also.. REALLY GOOD. thanks for your kind words, without the help of people like you on this forum, i would still be cutting up kitchien knives and finishing them with my dremel tool. (yikes)

thanks so much!

~Chris

-Knifemaker-

MossKnives.jpg

http://knifemaker87.googlepages.com/home

Hamons are a painting; blades are a canvas, clay is my paint, fire is my brush. the problem is.. i am still painting like Pablo Picasso.