giraffe bone bowie

Blade 10.5", some kind of "W's" patterned steel;15N20/1084. OAL 16". Giraffe bone hilt.Full tang w/file work. All damascus fittings.

girrafbonebowie 001.jpg

girrafbonebowie 004.jpg

girrafbonebowie 005.jpg

girrafbonebowie 007.jpg

girrafbonebowie 010.jpg

Edited by jdsmith02115

jd - very nice overall package. Honestly, I would have never guessed that was giraffe bone. inspirational, as usual. I am always taken aback by the level of fit and finish. Good to see things done this way. thanks for sharing.

kc

Wonderful knife!

My normal taste does not respond to Bowie knives that strongly. I like a good Bowie naturally, but it has to has that something.

This knife however....

Wow.

When I pick up a really good knife or sword, my fingers tingle. I get this feeling from just looking at the photos of your knife.

I really appreciate how dimensions and proportions, the scale of file work and pattern in the steel comes together in a way that makes the whole so much more than its parts. I love the way you used the pins for both grip scales, bolster and guard.

Beautiful work and an incredible knife.

Very inspiring.

Now I have to make a Bowie. Any year now...

Thanks Peter,that's really a compliment coming from a guy who works as finely as you do.

The whole idea of using the rivets on the guard section was to give it strong feeling of solidity, almost like a strong box with metal corners and heavy metal cladding fixed in place with studs.