2nd New England Hammer In

Dan Cassidy

2nd New England Bladesmithing Hammer In

July 23 through 25, 2010

Offered by the American Bladesmith Society, Inc.

Hosted by the New England School of Metalwork

9 Albiston Way

Auburn, Maine

Contact: Cindy Sheely, ABS Store Manager at Email Cindy or (419) 832-0400

or Dr. Jim Batson at 256-971-6860 for more information

Pre-Registration for this event online has now closed but you will be able to pay the $55.00 registration fee at the registration table at the event in Auburn, Maine.

Demonstrators:

Rob Hudson -Rumney, NH…………………………………Forging To Shape

Jason Knight - Harleyville, SC…………………………….Fun Damascus

Don Fogg - Auburn, ME……………………………….The Hand Finished Blade

Greg Neely - Bellaire, TX……………………………...Handles, & Guards and ABS Judging Criteria

Bill Wiggins - Canton, NC………………………......…Precision Blade Grinding and Auctioneer

Butch Sheely - Grand Rapids, OH.................................... Hands-on Blade Forging

Mace Vitale - Guilford, CT............................................. Cutting Demo & Hands-on Blade Forging

---------------------------------------------------Schedule-----------------------------------------

Thursday, 22 July, 2 to 6 pm...............................Check In & Registration

7 pm...............................Demonstrators Dinner at Fran's Restaurant, all attendees Invited

Friday, 23 July, 8-12 am...................................Blade Forging & Demonstrations

1-5 pm...............................Blade Forging & Demonstrations

7-9 pm...............................ABS Cutting Demonstrations

Saturday, 24 July, 8-12 am...............................Blade Forging & Demonstrations

1-4 pm............................Knife Show, Blade Forging & Cutting Demos, free to the Public

4-6 pm..............................Auction, bring items for auction

Sunday, 25 July, 8-12 am.................................Blade Forging & Demonstrations

Accommodations

-The Fireside Inn, 207-777-1777, 2 double beds, $60 plus tax, Washington St, Auburn, ME.

-Ramada Inn, 207-784-2331. 2 double beds, $85.50, 490 Pleasant St., Lewiston, ME

Cutting Demonstrations

Participate in the Cutting Demonstrations. Bring a sharp knife, 15” or less in length

with a blade no longer than 10”. The handle should be pinned & with a safety lanyard.

Pre-Registration for this event online has now closed but you will be able to pay the $55.00 registration fee at the registration table at the event in Auburn, Maine. Plan to attend Demonstrators Dinner on Thursday night.

A $500 Scholarship to an ABS School will be given to a paid participant

Edited by Dan Cassidy

<span style='font-family: Century Gothic'>Dan Cassidy</span>ABS Journeyman Smith<a href='mailto:mountainfireforge@earthlink.net' title='E-mail Link' class='bbc_email'>Email Dan</a>

Are there some camping sites near there? I would imagine there must be... thanks,

Dick

I was just about to ask the same thing. How long does the early registration last?

Hogan Baker

"Stale water is poor drink. Stale skill is worse. And the man who walks in his own footsteps only ends where he began."

• 3 weeks later...

Early registration will be through July 18th and you can register online through the ABS website Store "Event Registration" or call Cindy Sheely at (419) 832-0400 or email Cindy.

I will check on camping nearby for the hammer-in for you.

Edited by Dan Cassidy

<span style='font-family: Century Gothic'>Dan Cassidy</span>ABS Journeyman Smith<a href='mailto:mountainfireforge@earthlink.net' title='E-mail Link' class='bbc_email'>Email Dan</a>

Hogan and Dick:

I did a Google search for campgrounds in the Auburn, Maine area and found the following:

Rrj Camp 3

546 Poland Road, Auburn, ME 04210-3819

(207) 312-5367‎

Maine Campground Owners Association - www.campmaine.com

10 Falcon Road, Lewiston

(207) 782-5874

Range Pond Campground - www.rangepondcamp.com

94 Plains Road, Poland

(207) 998-2624