Jump to content

turns out chemical burns suck


Recommended Posts

Today I was cleaning some things with muriatic acid and it splashed in my face and I now have severe chemical burns in my right eye and minor burns in my left eye.

 

So I guess I learned today that you should wear safety goggles when dealing with chemicals not just glasses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear that.Hope you heal quick and 100%.

With hazardous chemicals a face shield,glasses,head cover,and chemical suit,gloves,etc, is mandatory.

N'T McAhron Sqwaukin Vulture Verrinder

"to create is to make art"

TREMBLING EARTH KNIFE WORKS (website coming soon)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wow, i'm sorry to hear that. i hope you get better, sir.

i only need 3 things to be happy: my girlfriend, my forge, and fruit juice.

 

Casey W Daniel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

one time i was ontop of some heavy equipment after a service.. and we'd been charging the batteries all night. (6 of them ) and the mechanic i was helping out was fooling around with some of the wires ..... and sparky sparky ...... Booooooooooooom..... battery caps flying everywhere and abit of acid spray... i was wearing safety glasses n hard hat and overalls... no, i didn't get burned but my overalls looked like someone had blasted it with birdshot the next day..... funny how even being near the stuff, it can sneek up on you..

 

glad your ok... please take care

 

Greg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope you get better soon, yes chemical burns suck. When I was younger I worked for a Tree care company and one day we were spraying trees in 105 degree weather in NJ. The 'safety' jacket was a heavy black vinyl and the owners son who was running the truck that day said he had the stuff get on him all the time and never had problems. Well needless to say my arms burned for DAYS after and now I have a permanent pinkish/odd look to my forearms. Chemicals are nothing to use lightly always use yer safety gear. Once again hope yer feeling better and get well soon.

 

Paul

Edited by WmHorus

Quote

just use common sense.......dude your boned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was a guy in Germany who leaned into a Huey Tail rotar, the point is be safe. Sorry to hear about the accident and my best thoughts on a complete recovery. The important thing here is the posting of the accident so others can prevent it happening to them. Blacksmithing and Bladesmithing both are dangerous work, lots of stuff can go wrong even when your careful, be aware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

 

Well I went to the eye doc today and he said the pain should be gone in a day or 2 and everything should be good by next week.

 

So learn from me and wear protective gear at all times

 

 

 

P.s. sorry for the post in the wrong area I couldnt see real well last night but couldnt sleep through the pain so thought I would share

Link to comment
Share on other sites

glad to hear that you are going to be ok.

-_-

 

i think some of the best cautionary tales come from split second mishaps in others peoples shops ..

with all the stuff that we play with in our workshops .. its not hard to injure ourselves.

 

but, some of the hardest lessons learned are only cemented in when we ignore the warnings and end up reaping the consequences.

 

if nothing else you have a great excuse to go around winking at pretty girls for a time.

:)

hope you rest well and heal quick.

deeDWF4.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its kinda funny my 19 month old and 4 year old think I decided to become a pirate.

 

My daughter keeps asking to see it and then cringes when she does, my son on the other hand thinks its funny.

 

 

 

Also congrats on the JS stamp Dee I hope to get there some day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

glad to hear you will be ok. let the pain remind you to always where your gear. your saying you will now but you will get lax after a while, its hard to stay on top of your self for safty gear. im trained to hazmat operational level and i still catch myself doing stupid stuff around some verry dangerous chems. your lucky your not permnantly blind, or disfigured.

"fire can be a tool of destruction or creation, the difference lies in the hands of those who wield it". me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...