Sign in to follow this  
Raymond Richard

Ebony and Ivory

Here's another stock removal knife I just finished up. The blade L-6 with a double bevel and is 5" long. The handle is walrus ivory with ebony spacers and iron fittings. 9 1/2" overall.

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2450.JPG

Sweet. Totally sweet. :)

Brian

Raymond,

I like that. Very clean. No room for sloppy work on a knife with lines like that. You pulled it off.

Your stock removal work is very cool. It's always a good thing to try something new, I think.

Thanks for sharing.

--Dave

excellent job on the grind and lines.

kc

i likes it a lot

:)

its a nice overall package and really creates something you want to look at

^_^

I'm really liking this new direction of yours, Ray! Sorry about the issues preventing you from forging, but you certainly are not in any danger of losing your touch. B)

Speaking of touch, that's the first time I've seen you put your stamp on the side of a blade. When you say it's a double-bevel blade, do you mean an almost but not quite dagger grind so that the spine is too thin to stamp it there?

Drool...:D

I'm really liking this new direction of yours, Ray! Sorry about the issues preventing you from forging, but you certainly are not in any danger of losing your touch. B)

Speaking of touch, that's the first time I've seen you put your stamp on the side of a blade. When you say it's a double-bevel blade, do you mean an almost but not quite dagger grind so that the spine is too thin to stamp it there?

Alan, It wouldn't take much to sharpen the top of the blade. It is a dagger grind......