• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Armyhk3

Traditional Viking style forge

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find out some more information about building a traditional viking style forge. Does anyone out there know of any resources that might be able to help? I'd really appreciate it!!

I don't know how much these links will help I couldn't find the link I was looking for.  here is a links page of viking resources and groupsviking links and here is a site on ancient metalurgy that might be usefull, some of these guys could likely direct you to images or plans for a viking forge if you send them an email, they are the real deal ancient Metalurgy

hope that helps a little.

Check out the Mastermyr find at http://www.netlabs.net/~osan/Mastermyr/

The Mastermyr tool chest had a bunch of Viking age blasksmithing tools in it.

The York Archeological Trust published a series of books on anglo/norse finds in the Copergate area.  If I recall corectly, several of them had items of interest to the Viking smith.

I do some Viking living history stuff, so if you need more info, let me know.

Jeff Mack

Ragnar Sveinbjarnarson in the SCA