AmeRRuss Blade Arts Dagger..Finished!!!

AmeRRuss Blade Arts, (Joseph Shnayder & J.D. Smith) has put another piece in the bag. This dagger took many months to complete due to the extraordinarily difficult and labor intensive nature of the project; But it's only time, so what the heck.

Joseph completely outdid himself this time with some insanely slick silver work on the scabbard and tasteful use of gems(rubies & diamonds).

The "Explosion" patterned blade is set into a carved African Blackwood hilt with carved damascus and silver fittings encrusted with diamonds and rubies;

Joseph's skills are just amazing!

newdagger10 034.jpg

newdagger10 007.jpg

newdagger10 030.jpg

newdagger10 009.jpg

kindjalwguard 002.jpg

jd - I have told you this before, but I am enthralled by the way you can turn out things that look as if they came straight from the court of the Romanovs or Hapsburgs. The whole thing is killer. The pattern, the carving on the blade, the jewels, the guard, and the freaking sheath... it looks, well, imperial.

you guys are gonna turn out some serious stuff ...

kc

jd - I have told you this before, but I am enthralled by the way you can turn out things that look as if they came straight from the court of the Romanovs or Hapsburgs. The whole thing is killer. The pattern, the carving on the blade, the jewels, the guard, and the freaking sheath... it looks, well, imperial.

you guys are gonna turn out some serious stuff ...

kc

Kevin et al,

Joseph and I have collectively over 60 years of art metals experience. At this point in our lives we are committed to producing a legacy of work that will stand long after we're gone. We simply wish to produce THE finest quality work we're capable of doing at this time.

We're learning so much from each other; It's truly a synergistic experience, where the whole equals more than the sum of it's parts.

Double Wow! It's a thing of beauty! Don't know what else to say?

Nice work JD and partner.

May I ask how the blade is secured and supported in the sheath. Is there softer liner or is it left to contact the metal?

Do you have a Hires gallery off forum where these works can be appreciated with greater clarity?

patrick :)

Nice work JD and partner.

May I ask how the blade is secured and supported in the sheath. Is there softer liner or is it left to contact the metal?

Do you have a Hires gallery off forum where these works can be appreciated with greater clarity?

patrick :)

The blade has been VERY carefully fitted so no surface is touching the silver.

This piece has undergone somewhat of a transformation. The blade it presently has, is the third one as well as the third hilt treatment! I forged the present blade after we decided the previous one sucked. The scabbard had already been assembled and fitted, so I totally had to retro-fit this one to the pre-made pre-set dimensions of the scabbard. The blade is secured by a spring loaded sear pin on the front;press to release. It rests in a recess built into the carving on the riccasso. I have inserted and re-inserted the blade many times and see no drag marks from the scabbard.

dam thats sweet. i was thinking of doing a see through scabbard for my next knife. the stuff you guys make is really inspirational. grats