Canoeing the Barron River Canyon

Last tuesday my daughter and i went to Algonquin Park for a day trip in the cedar strip.

Here are a couple of pics and a link to the other 53 photos we took.

Enjoy i know we both did it was a great day only one 420 meter portage ;) .

Cheers Bob

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=472445&id=693330477&l=94f2c1aead

Barron River53.JPG

Barron River51.JPG

Great pics! Canoeing and kayaking is a great way to relax and escape. Do you have any pics of the canoe? I will have a cedar canoe as soon as my daughter gets a bit stronger to help load and unload it.

Thanks Brent i did not get any on the trip of the canoe but i went outside and snapped these for you.

This one is a little over 16 feet long but she only wieghs about 60 pounds not to bad to carry,

some lakes in the park you have to hike for kilometers to get to.

Bob

Cedarstrip canoe.JPG

Cedarstrip canoe1.JPG

Cedarstrip canoe2.JPG

That is a great looking canoe! That is what I like about cedar is one piece can have so many different tones. It's a work of art.

Bob,

Yeah, Nice canoe is right....

Cool Pics. My father went fishing back in the 40's on the Algonquin chain... I heard that story countless times... It was nice to see pics of it....smile.gif Thanks,

Dick

Glad you got to see the pics Dick. s

Someware around here i have pics of the park in the forty's and 1915 to 1917 in those days things were a lot rougher than they are today. I will dig them out and post them some time.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Great shots!

I haven't been in Algonquin in... omg - almost 25 years! Left almost every drop of blood in my body with the black flies on several long canoe trips, and got frostbite not once but twice on some snowshoe camping trips (some of the scariest times of my life, I might add).

I've always wanted to return, but never seem to find the time - guess maybe I should be making time, no?

Thanks for sharing!

Great shots!

I haven't been in Algonquin in... omg - almost 25 years! Left almost every drop of blood in my body with the black flies on several long canoe trips, and got frostbite not once but twice on some snowshoe camping trips (some of the scariest times of my life, I might add).

I've always wanted to return, but never seem to find the time - guess maybe I should be making time, no?

Thanks for sharing!

Yep been there in the spring and know what you mean about the black flies.

I think it's time you came back Matt and let them have another taste lol

Cheers Bob