Nick Wheeler

W2 integral bowie/fighter

Hey folks :) Here's one that's been a l----o----n----g time in the making (like around 5 years) :unsure:

This knife had manifested itself into "my Everest" but it's done now and I am very happy to finally have it complete! :)

It now resides in the collection of Mr. Jim Cooper... who also just happens to be the man behind the lens of these fantastic photos!

Thanks for looking :)

BTW- it's W2, Afzelia burl, and a 416 ss domed pin. The AMAZING leather work is by none other than Mr. Paul Long!!! :)

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

This final image is one Jim shot under light that's harsh for the overall look, but helps to show detail in the hamon.

orig.jpg

Nick, this is very elegant work and reminds me of the work of our host, Mr. Fogg!

~Bruce~

Nick,

easy to see why Jim owns it....biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif NICE !!!!.... your patience is obvious.... now it's on to K2 EH? laugh.gif

thanks for showing.

Dick

ReallllY Nice blade.

The figure is great on the handle.

I like all the interesting curves and lines that blend one into another.

Excellent photos as well.

I like it.

I would own this knife.

Geez Nick, if you keep actually finishing knives people are going to start to think you're a knifemaker! :D

Super clean work as always...Coop is a lucky guy.

-d

:ph34r::blink::ph34r:

Took a minute to type the response, had to pick up my eyeballs off the floor and I think I put 'em back in the wrong way! That's some nice work, Nick.

Nick, Nice to see you finally got these integrals figured out. :D Now if my memory serves me right I thought the JS was a thing of the past. Hope to see you in Boise in November and if you do go there make sure you stop by and say hi to the old geezer. Fine looking Knife!

Thank you guys!!! :D I really appreciate the kind words!

Having this invoke any thoughts of Don is the ultimate compliment. Many of you know, Don is one of my heroes as a man, a teacher, and a bladesmith.

Ray, I sure hope to pull it off!!! I'd love to attend the Boise show, and will be glad to see you there! B):)

Thank you guys!!! :D I really appreciate the kind words!

Having this invoke any thoughts of Don is the ultimate compliment. Many of you know, Don is one of my heroes as a man, a teacher, and a bladesmith.

Ray, I sure hope to pull it off!!! I'd love to attend the Boise show, and will be glad to see you there! B):)

Nick, Make sure you ask your girlfriend and bring her with you. I'll let you both rub the old melon. :lol:

Aren't you an MS now? Never been one to keep up on current events.

wow - what a beautiful hamon.

NICK-- WOW!-- PAUL LONG--JIM COOPER! All three of you toed the mark and come away winners--big time.

The blade, heat treat and polish are great. Handle and fitting are great.

Sheath has to have put a grin on all of your faces. Coop foto sets it all off.

Great combine. You should try it agian.

chuck