PMARTINKNIVES

Martin W-2 Ninja Assassin

I liked the knife in the movie and I thought I'd give it a try, 8 1/2" blade of forged W-2 quenched in Parks 50. The skin is Gar skin as is the overlay in the sheath.

Nylon wrapped including the Turks knot, all coated with Marine epoxy. I did not put a chain on the back, but left a large enough hole if the customer wanted to. Thanks for taking a look, :rolleyes:

Peter

NINJA ASSASSIN Forum 800.jpg

never seen the movie

but the knife is very cool..

i like how the grinds part at the riccaso ... the swept up blade is it !

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

err... i'm on the other side of the fence... i liked shogun assassin for a movie...haha :lol:

G

Very nice!

It all goes together well...but, I think one kind of cool touch is the hamon dropping off the edge before the edge ends. You can tell this is deliberate due to the fact that both the top and bottom taper off equally =D.

Again, nice work!

Cris

Peter

very nice job as always.Are you sure the skin is gar and not scottish ridgeback dragaon????????

Very nicly done.I want one.

GM

Oooooh yeah i like that, nice one Peter

The picture doesn't do it just it. It had a great feel to it. I'm not sure I would put it on the end of a chain like they did in the movie.

Looks great! Very clean lines, and that hamon is really nice.

Thanks guys, the customer already received it and couldn't be happier. It arrived on his birthday(worked out well)and he lives in the south where Gar fishing is something he used to do as a child. we're drawing up an order for another piece with the Gar skin theme and some cool damascus. Should be interesting......... B)

Peter

Gar skin - I wish I had thought of that. I saw those everywhere when I lived in Texas, and the skin is like armor.

Nice shape - I have a shape like that and another with a bit of a swelling or recurve at the end near the tip that are both just itching to get out of my head and into some steel.

I have already bought spalted maple for the first and ziricote for the second, seriously.

I really, really, really like the lines on the blade. Really.

kc

Very cool! Love that gar...

man that thing is so cool,