I'll be back

Sam Salvati

as some might know I have been working in a blacksmith/decorative iron shop. Times are tough for everyone even here in the land of many people (Long Island NY), so I've been laid off again. This means, I'll be back in my own shop ;) I learned alot at this past job, jumped ahead quite a bit in my understanding of power hammer techniques and tooling, as well as geometries, shapes, and different constructions, not just about ironwork either. It will be good to be back. I'll also be doing alot of traveling, I hope to go all over the USA, and meet as many people as I can.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Sam, have fun and good luck on your adventure. It seems like we may be having some collective bladesmithing activity here in the Dutchess / Ulster region soon. Hopefully we can work it out so you can participate.

Keep us posted!

-Todd

www.toddblades.com

"Geometry says how sharp, steel says how long." - Roman Landes, Ashokan 2009

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

- George Orwell

Todd, thanks! You know me, call me if you need me :D

also, this means HAMMERS. I will have batches of hammers becoming available soon!!! I will make a post about it when the time comes.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Sorry to hear that, Sam--hopefully you make it out here to Phoenix in your travels and we'll see if we can find a place to do some forging, perhaps

Sam,

In some ways that is too bad... But knowing you the little I do I would bet the last shop had about run it's course for learning new stuff... Follow your forge where ever it leeds you.

An exciting time for someone like you who can afford to and is willing to follow his heart.... Best of luck to the next venture... you are always welcome if your travels bring you this way...biggrin.gif

Dick

i'll second that !

do whatcha need to do to get by... .. this sucko economy is depressing

hey..if you make more hammers, get some vid's of it... and put on the tube... that'll be some cool advertising aswell

take care

Greg

Sorry to hear about the job situation Sam. Sounds like you have the right attitude though, and that's the most important thing. Enjoy your time off, and try to pick up some new skills.

Steel is my canvas, a hammer my brush.

Bryan, I'm hoping so, might have some tongs and other tools coming along as well.

Noah, you can bet i'll stop by to see you, I thinkin on a traveling kit too :).

Dick, i wholeheartedly belive that you can learn something new everyday, but it was starting to get tough to learn something new there. I was starting to feel like I was stagnating, I hate that feeling.

I started cleaning and reogranizing my own shop today, it had turned into a storage unit while I was gone. Quite an undertaking but I got the Mankel in place, and will have the rest of the anvils setup to use also in the next couple of weeks as I'm going back and forth bringing my stuff back home. with all my anvils setup and the new gas forge I think i'll try some classes maybe.

Hey Sam,

I am sorry to hear that you lost your job, but I am happy that you are going to be doing some more smithing. Maybe I could stop by some time?

~Hogan Baker

"Stale water is poor drink. Stale skill is worse. And the man who walks in his own footsteps only ends where he began."