Paul Estes

Fiery Pants?

Well today instead of lighting my shirt on fire I caught my pants on fire, I had dropped a chunk of damascus on the ground to cool then needed to adjust the psi on my forge and well needless to say my leg started feeling warm and I noticed the flames starting to travel up my leg....so you could say I lit a fire under my own ass today. LOL

Been there, done that. I was working on Kerry's Iron Kiss hammer, and he said, "Dude, you're on fire!" I said "I know, it's working great!" he said, "No, you're ON FIRE" and quickly dumped the slack tub on my leg.

Ahh, memories.

there should be some form of uniform .. like overalls that can have check marks on all the locations ..

once you've set them on fire, you add a check mark.

^_^

"ooer! .. i just need to set my left thigh alight and im all complete!"

stay safe peoples.

I light myself on fire often enough that the wife and kids don't even bat an eye anymore.

I especially like how hot flux can end up in the oddest of places.............

didn't that Greek blacksmith god have somekind of a limp or bum leg... it wasn't the arsenic, perhaps it was the flaming contact of hot steel in the nether regions... :o

Jeroen, your one tough fellow ! ... i can take the borax spray on my arms and face but jeez... not my feet :lol:

Greg

didn't that Greek blacksmith god have somekind of a limp or bum leg... it wasn't the arsenic, perhaps it was the flaming contact of hot steel in the nether regions... :o

Jeroen, your one tough fellow ! ... i can take the borax spray on my arms and face but jeez... not my feet :lol:

No borax in prehistoric Europe AFAIK, but I do get nice burn marks from scale, charcoal etc. But I only notice that days later :)

See now you guys have a good reason not to get an induction forge. Without open flame and glowing refractory clothing burns don't happen. It's actually kind of boring. Pliers and small vise grips have replaced tongs. Only the steel is hot so even I have a tough time getting burnt. Pretty soon no one is going to even believe that I still forge because I have no oozing burns and partially incinerated clothing.

Most of all I miss the gas stove ignition poof designed to remove your eyebrows, eye lashes, trim your bangs and shorten your mustache a bit. I may have to get a can of burnt hair air freshener or it's going to stop smelling like a shop.:blink:

I just don't forge in old jeans with holes in the crotch anymore, I'll tell you that much :excl:

Edited by J.Arthur Loose

there should be some form of uniform .. like overalls that can have check marks on all the locations ..

once you've set them on fire, you add a check mark.

^_^

"ooer! .. i just need to set my left thigh alight and im all complete!"

stay safe peoples.

I'm baaack...

I was at a cast party for a play I was in last week. ("An Adult Evening With Shel Silverstein".) I was one of two people not drinking. The other sober fellow was demonstrating fire-eating and -juggling. We spent a lot of time comparing notes and scars.