A New Knife (I didn't make it, but it's new to me!)

deker

A while back I sent of a box of the W-1 I've been selling to fellow forum member Greg Merrell along with a note informing him that his payment was being returned and thanking him for his military service and the sacrifices he made to protect the freedoms we enjoy and hold dear here in the US. It was, in my opinion, the very least I could do to try and thank Greg for his service.

Fast forward to a good while later and I received a note from Greg asking for a mailing address for me. Just a few days ago I had a package show up at the office and I found this inside it and was speechless.

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0993.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

Needless to say I'm a happy camper! I'm also very impressed and honored as this is only Greg's 4th knife and only the second blade forged from the W-1 I sent him.

Thanks again Greg!

-d

Edited by deker

Wow. That's very cool.

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

Deker,

Good on you!!! There is alot to the old saying "what goes around comes around".

Greg is on his way to being a very good bladesmith and his leather work is pretty darn good too. Wade

Wade

Jos et löydä rauhaa itsestämme on turhaa etsiä sitä muualta.

If you can not find peace within yourself, it is useless to look elsewhere.

Visit my website http://www.wadesknives.com

I have to echo what Wade said: what goes around, comes around. You give a lot to this community, and you deserve appreciation. Plus, that was a fine way to appreciate a fellow forum member for his service. Yep. Positive karma.

Well done, both of you. Boy, that is one classy knife.