I got a web-site!!!

I got a web-site!!!!

Well, I've been able to get my web site up and running. Well, I've got it started. Still work to be done but at least it is up.

Come visit at
www.waynecoeartistblacksmith.com
then come back and let me know what you think so far.

Thanks to Mike Carter for getting me started.

Wayne Coe
Artist Blacksmith
729 Peters Ford Road
Sunbright, Tennessee
706-273-8017
waynecoe@highland.net
www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com

looks good, hey do you sell just the contact wheels? I'd love to have one (8-10", and a 3"), but the cost have been out of reach.

I buy mine from www.usaknifemaker.com and use the poly wheels. Tracy is a good guy to do business with.

I will be conducting a Build a Belt Grinder at the Appalachian Center for the Craft (http://www.tntech.edu/craftcenter/blacksmithingworkshops/) May 27-29, 2011. I will have Sunray make my wheels for that so I could take orders for 8", 2" or other parts used in the workshop. In July I am also teaching a beginning Blacksmithing Class.

Wayne Coe
Artist Blacksmith
729 Peters Ford Road
Sunbright, Tennessee
706-273-8017
waynecoe@highland.net

I am in the process of building a grinder from the eerf grinder plans, It takes a 56c motor.

I would like to run a vfd, but am also limited to 110v power. which motor (hp and rpm) and vfd setup from your site would you recommend,

that would run on 110v power. I would like at least a 1.5hp if possible.

Thanks, Ben

I suggest a 1.5 hp motor and the KBAC 27D. I have had my grinder to hammer ins where it has been used by professionals. They have leaned into the belt on the flat platen in a effort to slow it down and were not able to do it. I think that the combination of direct drive, 3 phase motor with 3 power legs all help though a 1.5 hp motor is still a 1.5 hp motor. You can run this VFD on 115v with a 1.5 hp motor but requires 230v for a 2 hp. I suggest an 1800 rpm motor with the VFD set to run the motor at double speed. An 1800 rpm motor is a better built motor than a 3600 rpm motor and these motors are designed to be able to run this fast (and faster). In using the 1800 rpm motor you get better cooling at slower speeds. You can call me at 423-628-6444 if you want to discuss this further.

Wayne Coe
Artist Blacksmith
729 Peters Ford Road
Sunbright, Tennessee
706-273-8017
waynecoe@highland.net