i've been looking for curly birch with no success. i have birch, but not curly. i've looked at several exotic woods sites but they don't have that specifically. they have every other wood known and not know to man. please, any help?

thanks, chris

Edited by tormentchris

How big of a piece are you looking for? Handle sizes? I have some but it is not tight curls like you see in maple....I'm assuming yellow birch... or are you looking for white birch (some people call it paper birch)

Dick

yeah, i'm looking for handle sizes. yellow is really pretty, it might be the same thing. i'm not sure.

thanks, chris

Chris,

I will see if I can scrounge up a small handle size piece and take a photo of it... you can see what it looks like by going to my website. richardsexstone.com go to the available page and see the rocking chair.. It was made with curly yellow birch ... The color is not all that different from the patina that Maple gets... and Maple comes in all kinds of curly ,ribbon,bubbled, burl, So you would have a much better chance finding Maple that is way more figured ,even possibly in you own back yard ....

Dick

I know I mentioned Griffin Exotic Woods before on another thread but try them (exoticwood.biz) they have Masur birch for knife handles(or a least they did) last time I checked. Good luck.

Dion

Chris,

I will see if I can scrounge up a small handle size piece and take a photo of it... you can see what it looks like by going to my website. richardsexstone.com go to the available page and see the rocking chair.. It was made with curly yellow birch ... The color is not all that different from the patina that Maple gets... and Maple comes in all kinds of curly ,ribbon,bubbled, burl, So you would have a much better chance finding Maple that is way more figured ,even possibly in you own back yard ....

Dick

man,that chair is something else. yeah i can find curly maple here in town. i thing i'll defiantly get some.

thanls, chris