April forge in at bushfire forge........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,

but do I have the time to do it in?

It would be a good chance to speak with you and discuss our projects..sadly I will not have the blades done in time for this event....I am behind about four months at the moment.

I have a knife show at the end of this month and am hosting Patrick Hastings from 11-15 (and a bit before and after) and his students for the Japanese metalworking class. Time would be tight.

BUT

I do wish to see all of you and also get another look at several of the hilts in a few of the museums.......got a special one to do this year.

Ric

t gives me great pleasure to announce the fourth annual.............

Forge in at bush fire forge

friday the 1 st april from 5.30pm -- till sunday the 3rd

welling Kent UK

demonstrators on saturday and sunday...

Jake Powning

Peter Johnsson

Petr Florianek

Tod

Jeroen Zuiderwijk

Hyllyn

and others tba....

I am working on an idea for a smelt roaster ?????

May I announce announce .....a late night saturday drunken metalurgy lecture from our very own Jack Hobson.......and his most glamorous assistents!! This will be a hands on participation event to once and for all setltle the age old dilemma of weather to get drunk or learn metalurgy .lets do both!!!

I will cook food on Saturday eve there will be revelry around the fire ..............

The forges are open for you to bash and grinders to grind.....(yes yes the ht room too so rack em up) .I hope John N is bringing the woodpecker again but if not there will certainly be magic glowing metal with no fire.........

If you want a cutting comp thats fine but I wont organise it!!! i will get in 2 by 4s and have ample cardboard tubes and bottles etc.I would need a volunteer?

I open up the studio here for people to crash in and one of the out buildings too so there is ample simple crash space , we do have a garden with trees and space for a tent or two....

there is a list of hotels on my web site ....

this is a very friendly event so feel welcome to come along .

I charge a fee for this event of £70 . this covers demonstrators flights , bog hire , food for Saturday nite etc and fuel and the like . I do not make money on this event (nor do I wish to).......

to partisipate I need either a cheque sent to me or paypal......

email me if you would like to come along.....

more as I think of it .

If anybody is free to help me out shifting stuff around during the week of the 14 to 18th march that would be most usefull we can pick a day...

thank you all

... envious of all you guys going there...

.. not this year, not 2012... but 2013 .. spring time .. ill be there for sure !! :) ( not too far from norway:D )

..maybe ill be able to bring some of my own stuff for critique :D

-vidar-

brill Jake.

I'll have to get some good whisky in , whats your favourite tipple at the mo ?

cheers Owen. i'm partial to a wee drop of Laphroaig these days (they'd run out in the bar last night and i had a jaeger bomb instead, which was hardly a substitute), but Jack Jack may not forgive us if we don't go with the Highland Park...

Ticket bought! so i am in!

Confirmed as of today, non-refundable.

As I told my wife on our wedding day, you're stuck with me now! B)

I couldn't pass up the assemblage of talent, or the chance to see London as an adult. Ticket's bought, time off work is booked.

Guess it wouldn't hurt if I tried making a knife before I leave, eh? :D

Edited by Stuart Samuel

cheers Owen. i'm partial to a wee drop of Laphroaig these days (they'd run out in the bar last night and i had a jaeger bomb instead, which was hardly a substitute), but Jack Jack may not forgive us if we don't go with the Highland Park...

I don't think I can be trusted with whiskey at Owen's. After all, I have to stay sober to give a lecture. But, if I had to choose one whiskey, I wouldn't be too disappointed with your local Talisker.

See you soon.

Jack, lecturing sober? say it ain't so. and Jeff, while i agree with you about the older Laphroaigs, comparing any island malt to Macallans just seems cruel... i just never saw the point in takeing the water of life and tainting it with sherry, which is basically wine which has been allowed to go off. i don't understand sherry...

Jack, lecturing sober? say it ain't so. and Jeff, while i agree with you about the older Laphroaigs, comparing any island malt to Macallans just seems cruel... i just never saw the point in takeing the water of life and tainting it with sherry, which is basically wine which has been allowed to go off. i don't understand sherry...

I have found that understanding something has nothing to do with drinking it!!

Its going to be good to meet you all ,I am really looking forward to it.

all the best Owen

• 3 weeks later...

I cant wait for this event. I only wish I could make it over there myself. Take plenty of pictures and I promise to get my passport taken care of so I dont miss out on the next one.

Any Pictures Owen?

Turns out I'm ill anyway....would have spend the event on a special forging bed out near the forge.

Ric