April forge in at bushfire forge........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was just great to hang with you guys! I am honoured tho know you personaly and the event was splendid

I am so inspired and saturated that i wont be able to do anything for quite some time :-)

Edited by Petr Florianek

Huge thanks to Owen for organising another epic forgein, Jake for the class the week before, and everyone who was willing to travel round the planet to share knowledge and inspiration !! my fires stoked for another 12 months, gotta get forging now (and carving, of course, ;) )

This was just great to hang with you guys! I am honoured tho know you personaly and the event was splendid

I am so inspired nad saturated that i wont be able to do anything for quite some time :-)

It was a shame I couldn't stay to see your demo Petr, but I did see your work in one of the shops - very inspiring!!

That combined with Jake's talk made me go in th eloft and pull out my old copy of George Bain's book on Celtic Art that I bought when I was muuuuchhh younger (only ever looked at the pictures then!) and I may even give turning a design into something for a knife!

I just got home from this incredible event last night, and I must say I don't believe I've ever had so much fun. It was great meeting so many people from so many places, and seeing so much nifty stuff.

After seeing all of that, Owen is little short of a god in my book! Not to mention a truly great guy, of course.

Many new bonds were forged across the Atlantic last weekend, that's for sure. B)

Alan it was a real pleasure to meet you as well.

Glad you came back safely and so happy.

It is hard to skip one of Owen's event after you tasted that sweet international craft melting pot.

Owen did an amazing job and I thank him and his family to be so cool !

I have some pictures of the carving class posted in the related topic here. Have a look.

Send me a PM with email and I give you one or two pics of you holding swords ^_^

Stéphane

Edited by Tacol

Too little time to describe how awesome this event was, but I just uploaded a set of photos:

http://1501bc.com/page/bushfireforgein_2011_4_1-4/index.html
And the photos can be downloaded as zip-file here.

And for those interested, the presentation on saxes is available digitally here.

Gottago!

Edited by Jeroen Zuiderwijk

For those interested in saxes, Jeroen's presentation is absolutely NOT to be missed! And if you can imagine going through the Museum of London in the company of Peter Johnsson, Jake Powning, Petr Florianek, Jeroen, and those of us less worthy, you'll know one reason I enjoyed myself so much. B)

Did I really see some blue anvils? <3

I enjoyed the photos alot! The videos were great too. Love the induction. We have had a large induction melter for some time now and I have never even turned it on. I am getting inspired.

Just to inspire some jealousy...

mol.jpg

That's Petr Florianek, Peter Johnsson, and Jake Powning taking in some Viking stuff at the Museum of London. Jeroen is out of the frame to the left taking shots of a seax. GREAT time. B)

lunch.jpg

Left to right, here's Eli from the carving class, Owen Bush, Jake Powning, Peter Johnsson, and Petr getting ready for lunch on Saturday.

friday.jpg

And here's Petr, Peter, Artis Arboltins, and Jake Cleland getting to know each other on Friday afternoon.

a big thank you to all that came .

especially the demonstrators Peter, Jake, Tod, Petr, Jeroen, Hyllyn. and Jeff who flew in to battle trolls around a little volcano....... I enjoyed watching your talks and show and tells. for me this is what it is all about , the sharing of the craft.

thanks for the chats and for new friendships made .

thanks to grace for sorting out the food and John for bringing the magic glowing machine and power hammer , and colin for minding the forge!

ta to my family for putting up with us!!

next time I shall start the weekend less tired!!!

next time I shall start the weekend less tired!!!

Ha, your dreaming. I always plan to do this and that but by the end of the weekend I have ran around getting this or welding that, that I am so beat. I honestly think I am still tired from our event.

Good luck my friend!

Owen´s hammer in had an element of unreality to it.

Or was it a case of actually being fully awake over a precious couple of days?

The air was humming with ideas and information shooting back and forth.

Much was learned and shared.

I came away a tiny bit tired, but very rich with inspiration and new ideas.

I did loose one thing however.

My Sketchbook!!!!

I would be *very grateful* if it could find its way back home to me.

It is grey or beige cloth bound, hard cover A5 sketchbook.

In it are ideas for many different projects doodled over a couple of years. There are notes made during my first meeting at Owen´s, when Don held his sword course.

Plus all the crazy stuff we discussed and sketched over this last event.

:( :( :( :( :(

I am very sad to have lost this book and hope it was left somewhere at Owen´s.

This sketchbook answers to the name "My Preciousssss".

Thank you guys.

:(

Owen´s hammer in had an element of unreality to it.

Or was it a case of actually being fully awake over a precious couple of days?

The air was humming with ideas and information shooting back and forth.

Much was learned and shared.

I came away a tiny bit tired, but very rich with inspiration and new ideas.

I did loose one thing however.

My Sketchbook!!!!

I would be *very grateful* if it could find its way back home to me.

It is grey or beige cloth bound, hard cover A5 sketchbook.

In it are ideas for many different projects doodled over a couple of years. There are notes made during my first meeting at Owen´s, when Don held his sword course.

Plus all the crazy stuff we discussed and sketched over this last event.

:( :( :( :( :(

I am very sad to have lost this book and hope it was left somewhere at Owen´s.

This sketchbook answers to the name "My Preciousssss".

Thank you guys.

:(

what was lost has now been found!! email me your adress!!