Bronze Jewelry

Yes, I beleive a fello named MDF does a fair amount of it

Gnáthamh na hoibre an t-eólas

(Knowledge comes through practice)

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through the forging fire, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion. - Morihei Ueshiba

my site: http://lfcforgeworks.webs.com/

Stephen, Check with Jared Stier, Nice guy who has done some pretty good castings. He's still perfecting it, but he will get the job done for you if he's free.

Check out his site.

Edited by Andy Davis

"Behold, I have created the Blacksmith that bloweth the coals on the fire, and brings forth an instrument for his work" Isaiah 54:16

www.MADdwarfWorkshop.com

Are you trying to cast something or find someone to do it for you? If you want to do small fine work you need some tools and a tune up for that. Bigger stuff for old world sword fittings and is not that big a deal, as far as technical anyway. Right now bronze ingots for casting are only about 12 bucks a pound, maybe even cheaper if you shop around.

Stephen, Check with Jared Stier, Nice guy who has done some pretty good castings. He's still perfecting it, but he will get the job done for you if he's free.

Check out his site.

Thanks, Andy.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who did not.

Are you trying to cast something or find someone to do it for you? If you want to do small fine work you need some tools and a tune up for that. Bigger stuff for old world sword fittings and is not that big a deal, as far as technical anyway. Right now bronze ingots for casting are only about 12 bucks a pound, maybe even cheaper if you shop around.

Bryan,

I was hoping to find someone in the forum who was interested in doing this.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who did not.

Still checking to see if anyone here is interested.

Thank you for all of the replies so far.

Stephen, what exactly are you looking for?

I have access to a really good metal casting studio and I would be happy to try and work with you. Are you starting with a drawing? or do you have molds or models of what you want to be cast? Any info on what exactly you are wanting will help me figure out if i could handle it or not. We usually cast 10 to around 180 grams of metal. So the biggest I can do is roughly the size of a silver dollar. I have SOME wax carving experiance, but I am just dabbling in it for extra credit. I do centrifical and vacuum castings, so I will get ALOT of detail on a small object.

If your interested shoot me an email: maddwarfandy@gmail.com

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by Andy Davis

"Behold, I have created the Blacksmith that bloweth the coals on the fire, and brings forth an instrument for his work" Isaiah 54:16

www.MADdwarfWorkshop.com