Dave Stephens

New Server

All --

Welcome to the new server!

With luck, you won't notice any difference at all, except now you can attach files to your posts.

This new, dedicated server gives us a LOT more room to grow.

We all hope to see a lot of new posts in the show and tell forum to take advantage of all this new disk space and bandwidth.

Cheers!

Dave

Too All who use this forum ,

As you may know last fall Dave Stephens and a few others accepted the responsibility of running the forum from Don Fogg... The forum had become

overwhelming for Don to run so he decided to concentrate on the rest of his life and pass the duties to someone else...

Whom ever uses this forum and enjoys learning from it has Don to Thank....

If you are a frequent flyer here you are also aware that the forum has gone down from time to time mostly cause of Bandwidth problems....

Those problems should not affect us anymore... Dave Stephens has stepped up to the plate and cleaned the bases ( it is that time of yearwink.gif) with a

long drive out of the park... We have way more space now than we had so the photos should not be a problem anymore... Dave has shouldered the money for doing this

and put in all the leg work to get it done... I think he has been up for the last 24 hrs. or more attending to the last details... Dave is doing this cause he cantongue.gif and cause

he wanted to see this forum continue as a source of information and growth in the knife community.. He is not politcaly motivated to "Take over" Don's position in the knife world.

He hopes and we all do as well that Don's sprit of sharing is continued here....

SO A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR DON & DAVE tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I would like to put in my own too cents on posting photos now... We can post bigger ones ... we have the room now ... But please take into account that many people still

have a dial up connection and big photos take for ever to load... Most of the people I know here in Vermont still have dial up... not for lack of money either... Broadband is just not

available... I'm talking a 28k dial up connection that takes a full 60 seconds of more for a photo to load ... So please try to consider your fellow mates ... And try not to post full size

photos... The third party photo hosting is still the best way to post big photos... That way the dial ups can see a preview and then decide if they want to take the time to wait for a

big photo to load on your third party site..

Thank you DON & DAVE...smile.gif

Dick

Well Done Dave! I am deeply grateful for your efforts. I know you are a busy man and we are all indebted to you for taking this on. This has been a seamless transition not only to the new server, but also to the new leadership of the forum. Thank you all so much.

Don