Not a blade but Armour...

Grant Dorangrichia

Wow! That is amazing.

Badass and elegant all at the same time.

I know nothing about the making of armor, but it looks super cool. Is there an armor makers forum?

Thanks for sharing this.

-Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

Thanks guys! This was really my first completed bit of armour. So it was truly a labor of love to see it through to the end. I have far more half done projects than fully completed projects,lol.

Here are two of the best Dave.

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/ --more reanactor based

http://www.armsandarmourforum.com/forum/ --more historical research

Grant

thats awesome

I was going to say that but he beat me to it... :)

Very cool work, if I didn't have so many other projects going I'd have to try some armor myself.

Thanks for the links, too...

Edited by GEzell

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

Thanks guys :) I have a few more projects underway, one is a commission for a set of steampunk style gauntlets and another will be a full harness with chased and repousse lions covering it for myself. That one will be alot of fun :)

Oh yeah, I have armour for my doberman started but thats on the back burner for now...

Grant

... for ... your... DOBERMANN ...

dude ... THAT .. is something you have to make a Photo WIP out of .. :)

.. does it come with a metal jaw for your dog also.. and a morningstar to its tail ? .... heheh.. dude.. you just sent my imagination rocketing.. hehehehe

-vidar-