I deserve to be whipped

Hmmmmmm.....Looks like bladesmithing is more complicated than I thought :rolleyes:.....I always though t I had tenancies of both, but I guess that's a paradox isn't it :o ...oh well

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's just that some pirates like to *imagine* that they're really ninjas. that's all :ph34r:

No no, Colin has always been a pirate, he just thought he was a ninja. Jake fixed 'im.

Pirates have nothing to do with steel, wrong thread, which is what I meant... :huh:

Next time Owen has a to-do at his place, go. (it is truly worth a year's savings!) You'll understand. Or at least you'll meet Colin, and then you'll understand. Or you'll meet a pirate who wants to be a ninja, and if it's not John-John THEN you'll understand...unless you have a ninja cab driver who thought he was a pirate until he drove us from Woolwich Arsenal to Welling, when he discoveed he was a ninja afer all, then you'll finally get it. Maybe...

So, are you a pirate or are you a ninja? :ph34r:

;)

Aarrrgh. Pirate (who occasionally makes a sword for a ninja). :D

Is this a Zen Koan? :huh:

Cause if it ain't it should be Oh masters of the universe because it has successfully short circuited my linear thinking :P

pirate welding .

burn steel......

drink enough rum so that when you hold two pieces of steel close to one another and try and focus on them a third piece appears in between them !!!

now thats magic!!

It was clarified, Im a pirate (thank you guys, I still had doubts) - man that cabby looked relieved when he looked deep into his own soul and realised he was :ph34r:, and we know that london :ph34r: cab drivers are £2 cheaper B)

I suspect that he is full lotus hiding above a doorway using the pressure of his knees against the walls to keep him elevated.................

He is probably mumbling the mantra given to him by his grand master........I am not a pirate , I am not a pirate , Am I not a pirate!!

... :blink: ... :blink: Right... I have no more pancakes 'cuz the pirates ninja sword is stuck in the well...

... :blink: ... :blink: Right... I have no more pancakes 'cuz the pirates ninja sword is stuck in the well...

have no idea about what yer on aboot but ......

I think you are spot on ....hic!

This conversation has confused me and hurt the brain, so I might sound a little off from here on out...:blink:

I just burned off 8" of 25 layer bloomery steel/iron square ready for twisting,the damned stuff is too hard earned to burn , bad boy . I wondered out of the forge all happy and content ...........sparkle sparkle sparkle!!!

If it were olden times I would tie me to a post and give me a good thrashing or better still make me dig ore for a week ..

hey ho.

Well, it seems this thread has wandered pretty far off course.

Owen's cry for a 'good thrashing' or 'I deserve to be whipped' caused me to recall the following very old joke:

The masochist bladesmith said "I have been bad. Punish me!". The sadist other bladesmiths/ninjas/pirates replied "No!".

...The masochist bladesmith said "I have been bad. Punish me!". The sadist other bladesmiths/ninjas/pirates replied "No!".

Teehee! I might start achully agreeing with Owen, that'd make him very uneasy :D

Edited by Colin KC
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn!

just left 3 seax blades in ferric for 30 hours whilst I visited Sheffield.

they are either going to be very very "ancient" or I may have destroyed 3 days work!

Edited by owen bush

I have the etching tanks in PVC tubes lashed to the inside of angle iron with a stainless hose clamp around the pipe and iron in several places. The base of the iron is welded to a 1" plate so it will not tip over.

It is portable after a fassion and if you have a habit of this you can set the etching tanks in your way...so as you leave you will be reminded.

OR

a sign on the door that says "BLADES ETCHING" as a reminder....like some folk have for dirty dishes in the washer.

I hope they look good.

Ric

hmmmn nasty!

gnarly!

possably in a good way?

I am trying to adjust to them!