Sign in to follow this  
David D.

Our work in the movie THOR - the Sword of Heimdall

Congrats to both of you. What an opportunity, and you executed it with perfection. Perfect blend of the original comic design and your own easily recognizable style.

Congratulations, Gentlemen !

Huzah!!

It's awesome you can finally share this, guys.

You should be proud of this significant accomplishment.

Congratulations to Andy on his marriage, too!

I will toast to your success tonight, gentlemen.

Cheers!

--Dave

My compliments to you two gentlemen. May your work benefit from this and your skills with it.

Thank you so much guys! You have no idea how much we appreciate it. There needs to be a better word than "blessed" because we definitely have been, and are immeasurably thankful, and definitely dont take all of the encouragement and kind words for granted.

The sword itself is obviously meant to be a bit ridiculous, wild, and "out of this world"... Which was fun for the time we spent on it.

BUT now we're just ready to leave our short visit to Comic Book Asgard, get back down to good old planet earth, and work on some small, simple but time consuming, historically based pieces and just get back to our roots.

The rehabilitation has already begun in the form of Andy working on plenty of good ol' simple puukko knives. And me taking my time on a couple simple composite twist swords in honor of my Norwegian family ancestry, which I've been digging up recently with my grandfathers help. So this summer should be refreshing and fun.

And John,

we made 2 steel/bronze hero and 2 stunt aluminum swords for the movie. And we made a copy for ourselves to keep.

I just got back from Andy & his new bride's wedding a couple hours ago. And me & Andy's dad talked Andy & his wife into cutting their cake with the sword... :)

So as soon as I get the photo's you better believe I'll share them. ;)

I suppose we need to nod to Tony who, as I understand it, did many of the other fabrications in the film, but for your first big project, I say BRAVO, sirs.

And YES!... Sorry I didnt mention here. I mentioned in the page on our site.

Tony indeed did an absolutely incredible job on all of the other weapons in the film.

And he's been an awesome encouragement to Andy & I both during and well after the project.

I dont think the weapons he crafted for the warriors three and Sif could have been any more bas ass... ;)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/Warrior43.png

I hope Tony posts some quality pictures of the work him & his team did for the film somewhere at some point!

I was already geeking out over this movie. Now I'm completely spazzing out.

The sword looks awesome. Congratulations to you guys on multiple levels. I wish you all the best.

- Dan

Awesome!

You guys made this happen! I don't think you could find many on this board who are surprised.

Congrats!

-Todd

ps: saw the movie last night, it was awesome. Your sword looked great!

Congratulations guys!

Your work is very inspirational but on another note your success is inspirational as well. This is a testament to what hard work and passion can bring a person. It must be an incredible feeling to see your work on the silver screen. Keep up the good work, I for one am always happy to see your new pieces.

Wow, what a great opportunity for you guys. And what a stunning piece!

Congratulations to both of you!

Congrats guys! Hope many more awesome opportunities come your way!

Tonight, I hoisted many tankards of ale in your honour! May all the gods in all the heavens continue to bless you in your endeavors. And, thank you for the inspiration you provide us.

WOW! Huge congratulations guys! What a great opportunity. It just shows what your work has progressed to. May this lead you to even better levels of skill and opportunity.

Again congrats and much respect

Sean

The Dwarves created many of the treasured and magical items of the Norse gods. Somehow, it seems only right that the props team for the movie would come to the Mad Dwarf Workshop. Congratulations gentlemen. Huzzah!

~Bruce~

Hollywood Dwarves ... right on Dudes !

i can so see your unique style coming to movies ...

err... dudes, if they do the hobbit .. your should see if you can sneek in there

right on !

G

The Dwarves created many of the treasured and magical items of the Norse gods. Somehow, it seems only right that the props team for the movie would come to the Mad Dwarf Workshop. Congratulations gentlemen. Huzzah!

~Bruce~

Well said! Awesome sword.

Congratulations! Well deserved opportunity for you fellas and honor for the whole bladesmith trade as whole that the real non-jet work gets into these pieces of art what are so much based on digital content!

Well done guys, you are now true blade making celebrities.

Hollywood Dwarves ... right on Dudes !

i can so see your unique style coming to movies ...

err... dudes, if they do the hobbit .. your should see if you can sneek in there

right on !

G

The Hobbit is already filming, and they have their own captive bladesmiths down under.

Congratulations Dwarves, I saw the movie last night before I saw this topic and thought the carving on the handle and the pommel design were very maddwarfish. Way to go guys.

Both the sword and the opportunity are Very Cool!!

I went and saw this at midnight releasal... Because I'm a superhero nerd. As soon as I saw the sword handle carving I said to myself "This look like's a mad dwarf sword." Totally happy it is!

Congrats to you guys and I can't wait to see what else comes your way!

Now I might have to go see the movie. Great work, guys, and congratulations on this huge boost!

Wow Outstanding guys! Went on Friday night and to mirror others comments I thought about you guys when I saw the sword and carvings, turns out I was right on. Happened to be wielded by probably my favorite character in the movie too. Congratulations guys you earned it!

I can't congratulate you guys enough.

That is just stellar and you rose to the occasion.

Being almost ancient now - 57 - I grew up with Thor comic books and would have to say it was my favorite.

I saw the movie on Friday and was vary attentive each time Heimdall was on the screen.

Your creation got some great air time.

Ric was right - ride that success wave until...............

(and if you ever jump the Illinois line, you're always welcome here in Watseka.)

Edited by Karl B. Andersen

Sign in to follow this