Funny place to find damascus...

Mike Sheffield

Hey everyone I just took my kiddo to see (yes I know I know) Kung fu panda. At one point it showed an up close view of the villain's throwing knife (he's a white peacock), and it looked like a feather damascus san mai dagger. Made me go "huh" pretty loudly in the movie theater. I know it seems dumb, but you have to admit that is pretty interesting to see something like that in a kids movie.

My life is like shaving with a razor sharp machete. It's a bit awkward and I feel a sting every now and then, but in the end I'm happy with the results.

Wait thats a kid's movie? Wish someone would have told me before I went. :D On a more serious note, yeah the feather knives with the feather pattern were pretty cool. I walked out with ideas rattling around in the ol noggin.

Noticed it as well Mike....Fogg's Feather pattern.

I would not be surprised if one of the animators has a computer and has seen that pattern on the net.

Ric

Richard Furrer

Door County Forgeworks

Sturgeon Bay, WI

Noticed it as well Mike....Fogg's Feather pattern.

I would not be surprised if one of the animators has a computer and has seen that pattern on the net.

Ric

Agreed.

My life is like shaving with a razor sharp machete. It's a bit awkward and I feel a sting every now and then, but in the end I'm happy with the results.

Hey not saying I didn't think the movie was cute and that I didn't enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

I once got an e-mail from a game designer who said that one of my knives was the inspiration for a 3-D model. Never did find out what game...

I once got an e-mail from a game designer who said that one of my knives was the inspiration for a 3-D model. Never did find out what game...

Do you kno

Karl

a tall glass of milk... just a quenching medium for hot cookies.

Do you know what knife , and do you have any picutres?

Karl

a tall glass of milk... just a quenching medium for hot cookies.

Email him back and say you are available for consultation work.

Ric

Richard Furrer

Door County Forgeworks

Sturgeon Bay, WI

Hey Karl, I dunno. I'll try to look up the e-mail and ask. Ric might be onto something! ;)

Ric might be onto something! ;)

Well...of course I am...geez. -_-

They may also want a "real" version of the item for display at trade shows...and to hang in the office.

Ric

Richard Furrer

Door County Forgeworks

Sturgeon Bay, WI