Talk about last minute - Just finished my J.S. test knives.

Well basically, I have a sixth that still need the handle polished up.

Some of you may know that I was permanently layed off from my day job on May 22nd. Unfortunately I had planned on that happening much earlier so I would have time to finish my JS knives.

Silly me.

but after SEVERAL late late nites I have finished up 5 knives that I feel will pass muster.

I hope to show them to some M.S. at the CKCA banquet tomorrow night.

My brother is taking pictures for me in the morning so I'll beg you to wait till then for the goods.

Thanks and cross your fingers for me.

Stephan

I hope all goes well for you. And your hard work pays off.

Steve

Beautiful man. I like em all but the little ones my favorite.

Good luck

...Not that you'll need it.

STEPHAN--It looks to me like all those late hours and persistence will pay off.

Can't see any sander marks on the handles and the grind lines are probably good. The designs are good.

Congrats on a good job.

chuck

Edited by sandpile

beautiful and consistent. wish you the best. I like them all, but either the one with straight clip and lighter handle or the little hunter are my fav's. Really consistent bunch of knives, in the best possible meaning of the word.

Bob Loveless was once quoted as saying that anyone could learn to make a knife, but that the thing that almost no one could learn to do was make a really good knife and be able to make it exactly like they wanted it to come out, and do that repeatedly. He was in a bit of a rant, and said that "repeatability is the key in mechanical arts."

so, I mean consistent as a serious compliment.

kc

Not to nitpick ('cause I'm not at your level yet) but the blade with the long false edge, appears from the side to have the handle wood slightly proud of the bolster. If that's just a trick of the camera, then please ignore me - but my eye was drawn to it immediately.

Good luck, I know you'll do well.

Looks to me to be intentional, two others have the handle wood slightly proud and the last one I finished I did that way and liked the way it turned out quite a bit. Mine was stabilized, but on a natural wood handle it helps in movement.

Great set of knives Stephan.

I just met Stephan last night and these knives are incredibly well crafted... but the third one down from the top.. the fighter with burl handle.. is a true, delicate, deadly beauty.

nice i love the second in from the left.